tall kid needs a bike

dan13lw

Squid
hey, went rampfest with some mates recently and decided i need a new bike
mate selling his 21" bmx for 400, but i really dont think its big enough
im 17 and 196cm tall(6"6'), so now im thinkin of the 24" bmx's or even the 26" ones. got no clue, just what i remember from talking to a guty at goldcross.
so yer, just some advice on the 24's and some recomendations. ty

bj4x4

Likes Dirt
I had the same problem as you (im 6'4" and 16yo). I found that bmx were really awkward for me to ride so i ended up getting a mountain bike. Maybe you could have a look at somthing like THIS

tombmxer95

Likes Bikes
DMR and NS Bikes make some good, small framed 24 and 26 inched bikes. But the bigger wheels makes it much more spacious, if you could say that about a bike...? They're basically BMX's made for us tall blokes :)

Dj Boi

Likes Dirt
a ns holy would be good for a tall rider and they come in 24" so they are more like a bmx than 26".

dan13lw

Squid
mm so whats a good place to buy the bike?? im guessing goldcross aint one of them lol.
and also, ther good for both ramps and dirt/everyday riding, unlike the mtb wich would suck bad at ramps but good at evrything else??..

Last edited:

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=163&CurrentPageIndex=1
it is in the UK i think but u can post it over and it will still be cheaper then buying in the shop brand new.
Yeah, great, what a smart idea :rolleyes:
Anything over $1000 and you need to pay extra tax, plus there isn't any free postage on bikes. You may as well look at a local importer like rhythm imports and get the same or better bike with better customer service and a better warranty for the same price.

dan13lw

Squid
so wich holy to get, are they all the same just the look and year?
also the 2010 holy1 is 300 more expensive then the holy 2, can someone tell me whats better in it.
also, suspension or not?? holy is appealing to me strongly atm but friend telling me to go one of the others with suspension... thaughts..

Last edited: