Suspension Setup Sag/Travel

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
DHX2 coil compatible?
Dunno, haven't looked into anything yet. Back from 4 day in Melrose and busy around here.

Surely you can't be locked into the X2 nightmare for life?
Another Oso owner got 81 Spices to look into a shock to go with his new Intend fork, he came up blank.

No doubt someone has swapped one out as Ibis warrant the bike with a longer shock stroke for 170mm rear and 190mm dual crown front.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Woooaaaa... $1800 shock.

I'll be sticking with the X2 until it gives me the absolute shits.

Then I'll go the full stroke 205x65 that ups the travel to 170mm in the rear.
Jokes aside, I can't see much reason most shocks wouldn't fit in that tunnel. Might need to be a bit careful to ensure clearance between damper controls and the frame's trunnion mount tabs, but the X2 has a pretty big air can so if it fits you'd think most piggyback shocks would.

ozzybmx

Jokes aside, I can't see much reason most shocks wouldn't fit in that tunnel. Might need to be a bit careful to ensure clearance between damper controls and the frame's trunnion mount tabs, but the X2 has a pretty big air can so if it fits you'd think most piggyback shocks would.
Probably, I haven't looked too hard into it.

I think the other issue is the air valve placement, access, correct side and having no bladder air valve like the DVO Topaz.
Other may be access and position of dials. The complete NDS has no access.

Might shoot Ibis an message and see if they have a basic list of compatible shocks.

Not interested in changing it just yet but may be an option later.

ozzybmx

Quoting for a fortnight from now. :p

(Hopefully not though...)
Don't even know if I'll have the shock back then, I have the Work Order from Fox in my inbox, its scheduled to be fixed on the 19th April... then shipped back, then another 2 weeks to blow it again, maybe about a month :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

@Mattyp

Quick reply.

Considering a lot of their other bikes are factory with DVO products, you'd have thought they would have thrown one on there at some stage to test or try rather than Fox products.

I also asked specifically about your shock.

Hi xxxxx,

Sorry to hear about the blown shock! I'm glad to hear you are loving the Oso otherwise.

The Oso is compatible with the Fox X2, Fox DHX2 Coil (MY21 and newer) and Fox DPX2 (MY18 and newer). It is not compatible with the Fox Float X, DHX, Rockshox, DVO, or Cane Creek products. When attempting to install a shock not on the approved list, please deflate the shock and cycle through the entire stroke to verify clearance.

I have heard rumors of the DVO Topaz V3 just barely fitting in the Oso, but it's not something we have test fitted for clearance.

Happy Trails,
Chuck

PJO

in me vL comy
So they designed the bike and only allowed room for Fox shocks!
Wow that is really locking in one manufacturer.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
@Mattyp

Quick reply.

Considering a lot of their other bikes are factory with DVO products, you'd have thought they would have thrown one on there at some stage to test or try rather than Fox products.

I also asked specifically about your shock.
that's a bit weird... Surely the dimensions aren't that different and the clearance isn't that tight???