Suspension Setup Sag/Travel

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If you knew you needed 5wt Teflon infused before you dropped your fork lowers and actually had a bottle would you be reading all these threads by the same guy?
Of course if I had the Fox 5wt I would have put it in, but I didnt and needed to work out how I was going to get this fork back together.

I have used his recommendation in the past with great results so pretty confident he's on the right track.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Explaining and justifying why service is needed regularity by the manufacturers would be more effective if they fleshed it out further beyond “it’s the vibe of the thing your honour”

The characteristics of a damper fluid (Fox 5wt Teflon)are different enough from that of a super low friction fluid (supergliss) for fork lowers slash lube duties that they cannot work as well as each other when used for the opposing tasks.

Damper cartridges shaft wipers are not perfect, allowing the cartridge to ingests some oil on every stroke, which contaminates the damping fluid. This is why service is needed.

The grip2 wiper has less friction, which increases small bump sensitivity, but also reduces the wiping away slash lube effectiveness.

The IFP has a relief port built into the body, should the cartridge ingest too much oil, the cartridge will burp out excess oil, preventing bad things happening.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slightly off-topic but figured i'd ask here as someone might know - anyone around these parts able to replace/burnish lower bushings for a Fox 36 (Rhythm), or have recommendations for someone who can?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Slightly off-topic but figured i'd ask here as someone might know - anyone around these parts able to replace/burnish lower bushings for a Fox 36 (Rhythm), or have recommendations for someone who can?
Where are you based? Most of the big suspension places can, if you can post. I personally recommend MTB Suspension Centre, NS Dynamics and NSR. Apparently the bushing replacement tools are very exy.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where are you based? Most of the big suspension places can, if you can post. I personally recommend MTB Suspension Centre, NS Dynamics and NSR. Apparently the bushing replacement tools are very exy.

NW Tas, historically I have sent off to Cyclinic or NSD. Hadn't even occurred to ask them - i'll shoot them a message.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
NW Tas, historically I have sent off to Cyclinic or NSD. Hadn't even occurred to ask them - i'll shoot them a message.
Nige at NSR will be a lot closer to you at Maydena.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
We’re fortunate enough to have Nigel Reeves (NSR Racing) located at Maydena.

If you are based in Tassie you would be silly not to reach out to him first.

My RS Lyrik and EXT Storia are soon to receive some of his magic! Can’t wait!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’m about to start a small production run of burnishing tools, hopefully next week will get a prototype made. @fjohn860 and I had been having a discussion over standardisation of heads for tools, I wanted to add a means of locking the head to the shaft.

Most burnishing tools already in Australia are most likely from Oliver at Blue Liquid Labs.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I’m about to start a small production run of burnishing tools, hopefully next week will get a prototype made. @fjohn860 and I had been having a discussion over standardisation of heads for tools, I wanted to add a means of locking the head to the shaft.

Most burnishing tools already in Australia are most likely from Oliver at Blue Liquid Labs.
My idea is pretty simple. 2 different thread pitches, one for the burnishing head, the other for a cap head to lock the head on. So far haven't been able to force the head to unscrew.

MTB fork burnishing tool.

teK--

Eats Squid
Have had them done by Cyclinic was a quick turnaround.

ozzybmx

Dropped the damper leg Supergliss 100/gold mixture out and replaced with the red Motorex fork 2.5.

Interesting to hear that Dougal is running Motorex 2.5w in both damper and air sides on a Manitou Dorado as the bushings are tighter in the newer models.

Not an issue with the new Fox as they have a channel right up behind the bushes to the foam ring.

ozzybmx

Was it someone here that said "Friends don't let friends ride Fox X2's"

Riding on Friday around some trails and the back end went wallowy as if a pivot was loose or my tyre was flat. Bike went like a pogo stick at the rear.

No HSR left, wound on, wound off, no difference. Had to put on more LSR just to be able to ride it.

Back end now feels like a wet cat.

Back to Fox on warranty.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Was it someone here that said "Friends don't let friends ride Fox X2's"

Riding on Friday around some trails and the back end went wallowy as if a pivot was loose or my tyre was flat. Bike went like a pogo stick at the rear.

No HSR left, wound on, wound off, no difference. Had to put on more LSR just to be able to ride it.

Back end now feels like a wet cat.

Back to Fox on warranty.
So what shock will be replacing it?