Suspension Pivot bolts

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you put anything like loctite on the threads of suspension pivot your when you torque them up?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I know this is in jest but I was wondering if I should apply grease around the head of the pivot bolt to block water/crap getting into the bearings?
Yes its a good idea. In fact its a good idea to grease the pivot bolt shank where the bearing sits, the bearing itself and the bearing seat in the frame with blue marine grease. I generally find its easiest to loctite the thread that the bolt threads into and to keep the bolt thread clean.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Chopsticks has infiltrated the forum!!!
It's just common sense mate.

In all honesty I have only ever out Loctite one one pivot bolt. It just wouldn't stay tight without it. I do check the bolts every so often though.

teK--

Eats Squid
Yes its a good idea. In fact its a good idea to grease the pivot bolt shank where the bearing sits, the bearing itself and the bearing seat in the frame with blue marine grease. I generally find its easiest to loctite the thread that the bolt threads into and to keep the bolt thread clean.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Just make sure the loctite goes on the female thread then grease the bolt shank only. Otherwise the Loctite ends up on the bearing race, gluing it to the bolt and U would be up for a hell of a time getting it disassembled later.