Super Deluxe weird noise/notchy travel

Shredden

Knows his goats
I've got a Super Deluxe rear shock on my Process. It makes a squishing noise in the first 10-15% of travel, and feels weird. It sounds exactly like this:

I'm not that bothered by the sound, and I don't really notice it riding. But it's weird, it feels like the part of the travel that makes noise is damped differently to the rest of the travel - you can feel a slight notchiness through the saddle when compressing it past that point.

Does anyone know what causes this? If it's an actual problem I'd rather get it fixed in a service now, rather than wait. Rockshox rear shocks seem to have a high failure rate on both my bikes and friends bikes.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Take the aircan off and push about again.

Looks like air in the damper circuit, but aircan noises are possibly masking things somewhat

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Isn't that just air passing the dimple in the can which equalizes the pressure between positive and negative? My Super Deluxe made the same noise.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The 50hr service (which I did at 5hrs) made a huge difference to my super deluxe. It takes about 15 minutes and provided you have a strap wrench and some slikhoney it's a piece of piss.