Super Deluxe Shock - How much leaking is "normal"?

Shredden

Knows his goats
I've got a RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 Debonair on my new Process, and it's leaking a fair bit of oil on the shaft. First ride I thought it was normal (maybe a bit of schmoo from the factory pushing past the seals), but I've probably done 10 rides now and its still leaking consistently. I wipe it off every ride and its back after a run or two. I've attached a pic of what it looks like after a few laps of the 4X track.

Has anyone had similar experiences and got it warrantied? Or is it normal? I'd really like to go coil eventually but I don't think they play nice with the leverage curve on the Process.

Cheers

Attachments

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I've got a RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 Debonair on my new Process, and it's leaking a fair bit of oil on the shaft. First ride I thought it was normal (maybe a bit of schmoo from the factory pushing past the seals), but I've probably done 10 rides now and its still leaking consistently. I wipe it off every ride and its back after a run or two. I've attached a pic of what it looks like after a few laps of the 4X track.

Has anyone had similar experiences and got it warrantied? Or is it normal? I'd really like to go coil eventually but I don't think they play nice with the leverage curve on the Process.

Cheers
That’zs fine bud. When it stops is time for a service.

Flow-Rider

Burner
If your compression and dampening is still OK and your not losing a lot of air I wouldn't worry about it, just looks like they've packed the aircan generously.

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Thanks for asking this, I've been wondering the same. I feel much less guilty about putting off doing a service now...