Stuck axle in marz fork

safreek

Ok, I have just gotten a marz Z1 freeride 3 fork but the axle is stuck.
The left hand screw on cap comes of easily and the main axle seems to spin easily.
I have held the wheel axle bit of the wheel with a pliers and the axle still turns so am a bit stumped.
Do these axles have a tread or does the cap and pinchbolts hold it in.
Should I get a FB hammer and screw the cap in a bit and whack it hard.
Will post a video in the morning but any ideas would be good
Screenshot_2023-03-10-18-41-25-71_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

safreek

Should just have to unscrew the axle cap and pinch the bolts, maybe the axle is tight in the hub.
Have already given it a gentle whacking. I guess next step is to screw the cap in halfway and solid whacking
Maybe a gentle spray with some penetrating lube overnight before the proposed wackage with the BFO hammer.

Is this what you have here sir. Maybe those pinch bolts on the dropouts are still hanging on?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1740680/Marzocchi-Z1-Free-Ride.html?page=10#manual
Unfortunately it is the one with fixed dropouts so no undoing the bottoms. Have taken the pinchbolts out completely

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pretty sure I had these forks or some very close ... Undo axle cap, undo pinch bolts, gently punch out the axle. Use lube as required.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yes Acetone and Automatic Transmission Fluid, specifically Dex III spec, is a great penetrating oil mix.

Beware paint will probably float off like it’s kids finger paint.

safreek

Yes Acetone and Automatic Transmission Fluid, specifically Dex III spec, is a great penetrating oil mix.

Beware paint will probably float off like it’s kids finger paint.
Sweet, if the paint flakes it's no drama. If the axle does not come out, well the fork gets binned which would suck. Means the wheel would be binned as well. Double suck.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Make sure you hold the fork legs together with some strapping or big bottomed cable ties. Whacking the axle can spread them like... like... like something easily spread. Don't ask how I know this.

safreek

Make sure you hold the fork legs together with some strapping or big bottomed cable ties. Whacking the axle can spread them like... like... like something easily spread. Don't ask how I know this.
Damn, hadn't thought of that. Good idea.
Going to probably embarrass myself tomorrow when I go to the chemist to get an insulin syringe to inject penetrant more accurate.
I have seen a syringe vending machine on the side of the hospital but in full view of the main road. Fuck that

safreek

Well, got the f'n thing about a third out with much whacking, no further though. What a prick. No reason for it too be stuck if it's moved that much

safreek

Lube it before you push it back in!
Pushed it hard back into that tight hole, got me some metal threaded stuff from bunnos to whack it out when I get homey.
Fuck dowell if you can use metal.
I have added triflow, brake fluid and metho with the trans fluid and acetone. It didn't explode so I'm pretty happy