Stromlo

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Aaaaah, now I get it, the great celebration of democanIpleasegetfuckedinthearseandbullshittedtoaboutracy.

Although I do have a hunch that Mr Jin may in fact be a citizen of our friend the Republic of Korea and may not have a responsibility to cast a ballot.

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
Unclefeet will be checking out St romeo for the first time tomorrow morning...17 Jan. I plan to get out there 8ish. May I tag along?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I was wondering what the hell you were talking about.

I won't be there tomorrow and my fitness isn't at Stromlo levels yet, unfortunately. Look forward to getting back on the hill soon though.

ongwooijin

Likes Bikes
I have no idea what he ^^^ is talking about.

If you're willing to come out to Bruce Ridge to ride I might be able to show you around. I'm coming back from injury and I don't think my fitness will be at Stromlo levels by that time.

Hit me up on PM if you want.
Thank you for the kind offer Johnny. Where is Bruce Ridge? Is it within 45 mins of Canberra cbd? And no, I don't do The Gangnam Style.
I'm from south east asia. Long way from home. Been spending the past 4 years mountain biking around SA and QLD. Really looking forward to Canberra.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Oh really? Dang, my aim was way off - the woo and even the jin give it a Korean sound. Wow, now I'm going to have to go with Cambodia but only because your name does sound Thai, Vietnamese or Malay. Guess you could easily Singaporean though.

Anyway, I'll stop trying to delve in to your private self for all the internet to see. Bruce Ridge is very close to the center of town. It's in between the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Hospital and CIT Bruce Campus. Look them up on google maps and you'll see it. Lots of single track, some nice and flowy, some a bit more tight and techy.

ongwooijin

Likes Bikes
Oh really? Dang, my aim was way off - the woo and even the jin give it a Korean sound. Wow, now I'm going to have to go with Cambodia but only because your name does sound Thai, Vietnamese or Malay. Guess you could easily Singaporean though.

Anyway, I'll stop trying to delve in to your private self for all the internet to see. Bruce Ridge is very close to the center of town. It's in between the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Hospital and CIT Bruce Campus. Look them up on google maps and you'll see it. Lots of single track, some nice and flowy, some a bit more tight and techy.
Excellent. Will send u a PM and hopefully hook up for a ride. Thanks again.

ongwooijin

Likes Bikes
Back in Brisbane. Canberra has excellent trails. So jealous. Cant wait for my next visit there. Thank you Johnny for all your time and effort to show me around. Till my next vist☺

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, that was a good little hit out for the afternoon. Look forward to the next ride somewhere down the track!

Dowlo

Likes Bikes
I had a ride at Stromlo today, it was fantastic. Only one off when I attempted Hammerhead. So I walked back up and did it again but took a different line with a better result. That being said I doubt Id do it again. Back tomorrow to do more trails

Dowlo

Likes Bikes
You Canberra pep's have it good down here. Most of my riding is fire trails (good climbs and decents) plus some single track (Manly Dam area, Hornsby area). I'm not complaining as I love smashing out the k's on fire trails. That being said, Stromlo is the ducks nutz, such great variety. I did another ride this morning till my seat post came loose so I pulled up stumps.
I sorted that out and spent an hour at Bruce Ridge this afternoon.....WOW another great place to ride.