Stromlo to charge for parking

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hmm, expect this means that my preferred parking spot at the Bushfire Memorial is going to be a bunfight.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I reckon peeps will start parking on the streets where the new houses are, then residents will start complaining they can't find parking, then council will introduce permit and time limited visitor parking. No one wins here. What a stupid idea.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yep, certainly a fair price for parking, but I think @gippyz has a point that people who simply refuse to pay any amount of money will start parking in neighbouring residential streets and along Cotter Rd.

Will be interesting to see how they handle this.

parking.jpg

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Residents will get the s hits
Then tyres will be slashed :O

The parking fees do go towards maintaining the park etc

It is interesting people whinge about it, yet they ride an expensive bike or happy to buy 3x coffees a day lol

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Will be interesting to see how they handle this.
Guessing Cotter Rd and Eucumbene will be no stoppping zones, think Eucumbene already is.

For the rest, I'll let their fucken (Ranger Raptor) tyres down as I ride in/out :D Or at the very least place some subversive stickers on their car, help me with some slogans?

It is interesting people whinge about it, yet they ride an expensive bike or happy to buy 3x coffees a day lol
They all whinge here about how we pay so much in rates but the lawns aren't mowed and we have to pay parking fees, shouting from the balcony of their million plus dollar home with their 2 cars and 3 bikes per person in the garage.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Guessing Cotter Rd and Eucumbene will be no stoppping zones, think Eucumbene already is.

For the rest, I'll let their fucken (Ranger Raptor) tyres down as I ride in/out :D Or at the very least place some subversive stickers on their car, help me with some slogans?

They all whinge here about how we pay so much in rates but the lawns aren't mowed and we have to pay parking fees, shouting from the balcony of their million plus dollar home with their 2 cars and 3 bikes per person in the garage.
How many Trump 2024 stickers have you got?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The Raptor Ranger crew would probably be okay with that though?
Nah, the RAM crew however... I know two reasonable fellas in my riding group who own Rangers (one WildTrak, one lesser but with all the accessories including Fox shocks), it's a fucking disease that can seemingly infect anyone!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
............. to build walking trails for walkers, who will then complain about those hooligan mountain bike riders.
I assume the walkers are also parking there? Therefore, also contributing?
Then the argument would be, if the funds evenly distributed to both walking and MTB trails.

Last edited: