Street legal

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just some quick pics of the new daily driver...details to come. Yes, that is the one true size to rule them all...26.

I should probably add some details for those who are curious. After the recent involuntary transfer of ownership for my previous polygon Tridd zz (https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/pantera-calle.317194/) I found myself in the terrible position of having to acquire a new bike at the height of the covid bike famine. I dedicated a few sleepless nights of searching for suitable options, but kept coming back to the unbeatable value offered by the Polygon Reid zz. Unfortunately this time around there was no mega sale to be had and I didn't want to risk missing out should there be a run on sweet bikes with an unfashionable wheel size. So here it is, the street legal! Except for the lack of bell, lights, and reflectors...so I guess it isn't all that street legal after all.

Frame: Polygon Trid zz
Fork: fox 36 talas (160/120)
Headset: FSA (Standard from warehouse, so obviously very high quality)
Stem: joystick 35mm (already thinking of sealing this out for a slightly longer stem)
Bars: Easton Havoc dh 750mm
Grips: dmr lock on
Brakes: Shimano xt (203/160mm)
Wheels: TWE custom dh wheels (it feels really good to have a local brand on board, plus they seem pretty sick wheels)
Tyres: Schwalbe table top (the great all rounder)
Crank: Shimano Saint 165mm (these things are getting hard to find, I want another...if you want to sell me yours let me know)
BB: Shimano saint
Pedals: Nuke Proof Neutron nylons black
Chain ring: saint 36t
Chain guide: Funn zippa
Chain: yeah Ive got one! 11speed
Derailleur: SRAM GX, 7speed
Shifter: SRAM GX, 7 speed
Post: pivotal (standard from factory), 400mm Pro post for riding to work.
Seat: pivotal standard from factory. Chromage something something for commuting.
Clamp: warehouse special.

Weight- 13.5kg (18/5/21)

I can't find my bike scales just now, but this is a lot lighter than its predecessor. This is mostly from the different forks, wheels, and tyres. Or my imagination.

How does it ride? Well as per my last explanation of the previous bike, it is poppy and responsive. Hopping the bike up things and manoeuver it around is really easy to do, it makes the transition scout I have been riding around on for the last couple of months feel like a slug! I will hopefully get it on some dirt soon and get a feel for riding it off road and in the air. Currently I has done a smallish drop, a few wall rides, some stairs, some more stairs, some side hops, garden hops, small shops, some more stairs...lots of gutters.

It really turns the heads with that paint job too!

And yes, I have some like DJ forks to sell. One day I will photograph and post them up. In the mean time, surely you want to buy my wheels!

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What ??? No 50 tooth ???
I know right! The manufacturer said 36t was the largest I could fit on the crank.

Another Trid?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
For the money, even with The customisation they are just too hard to beat. Unfortunately this time around I paid 50% more than last time (with the covid shortages I didn't want to miss out, then a few weeks later they slashed the price!).

The finish is really hard to capture with a phone camera. The paint has a few layers in it including a metallic fleck and a weave of some sort. While I am usually all about the black, this finish is a lot fancier than the last one. Gassers are going to be popping their eye balls out at the grocery store!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am mid ride through town. I have just given the bike its first real street test - the James Fletcher parade ground drop. I haven't been in there for a while and the set up along the top has changed quite a bit. There is more guttering and rails impairing easy access to launch zone. I took the biggest easy access option and sent it!

...poorly. The drop was about 1.5-1.7m with the lander maybe 2m out from take off. This bike can handle a heavy case very well! Full bottom out at front and rear without any real impact on my ability to ride it out. The grass had just been slashed and was still maybe 4 or so inches deep, grass cuttings flying everywhere! I probably should have focussed more on the huck and less on the tuck.

It would be sweet to go back with some ramp options and see how things go on some of the less accessible options. A while back there as a lot of construction work going on there so it was easy to scrounge up a few bits of wood and assemble a shifty kicker for some mega send fun.

At least now the asbestos pile has been remediated (covered in concrete, hot mix, and a carpark).

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Looks super @pink poodle The Newcastle street graffiti makes it pop too. You do make nice bikes in unfashionable wheel sizes too.

We have to have a chat about brake cable lengths. It is for the benefit of the world.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
^ clearly not performing phat whips or x-ups on a regular basis.
Indeed, I'm waiting for nancy stylee to come back in fashion and I'll be an pioneer.

D00dworthy bitchen' aerialz shouldn't be a get out of gaol pass for cable vanity either.

Either way, nice ride sir. Keep it locked or your butt on the saddle.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I guess this is due for a ride report...

Today the bike cut laps of:
  • Old man's valley dirt lumps
  • bare creek

I am really stoked with how the bike performed. The bike was light, snappy, responsive, and very maneuverable. Maybe it just felt like this because I haven't ridden a jump oriented bike on so many months or that I have been forcing the Scout to try and be a jump bike? However it happened the bike just felt right in the air. This one feels stiffer than its predecessor as well. This could be the frame, but I think it is a result of the much better quality wheels I'm rolling on. The bike pumps up momentum really quickly and pops off the lips with ease.

Currently the only negative Ive got is that the bike can get bounced around a bit. This was evident on the rocky descent from the pool to the dirt lumps at Hornsby. If I was to drop the psi in the tyres (currenlty 32psi) and run some more sag (maybe 25%) this would probably be reduced. But today wasn't about trail riding and neither is this bike!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Where do you hide the weed stash on that thing?
der all pro's stash their drugs in their seattube, customs/border force will not bother removing the seat to see what's stashed inside, just use an oil based lube like vaseline, der hounds [zee dogs - translation] don't like the smell, and hides the other scent:

Last edited: