Street legal

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tool this out again on Sunday. Firstly it was difficult to even care about riding after bare creek! But I overcame the pain of reality with a few hours at my local haunt.

I kicked off the ride with a few laps of the standard dirt lumps. I've ridden these things for a long time with a lot of bikes, so it's a handy spot to assess the way a new bike performs. I was again really impressed with the responsive and agile nature of the bike. The frame lays over in the air and whips out nice and phat. There's plenty of room in the cockpit to wind the bars round in an X-up...so on the 3rd lap I decided I should go one handed and tap my helmet over the central volcano. I even made a joke about this not working out to one of my ride buddies...and I crashed. Brushed my finger tips on the bar coming in for landing and was unable to recover before hitting the dirt. I had a lucky escape - the old tuck and roll worked out well. The bike bounced the other way nearly bringing my buddy unstuck, but he can actually ride so no worries. Apparently it looked like slow motion as my hand missed the bar.

Cranked a few more laps and when the grooms crowded it out we moved on to the near by trails. Again I was really happy with the way the bike rode. Glenrock isn't particularly rough; there's only a few patches of roots and ruts or rocks and bricks. The bike seemed to float through most of that junk with ease. There was a little bit of the skipping feel I mentioned before, but nothing major or unnerving. The bike handled the range of trail jumps (that I was brave enough to hit) on offer really well. It is comfortable in the air and lands smoothly, even flat lands. Oh and corners...this thing hugs the corners really tight and accelerates out hard.

One thing I noticing that is really fun is that the bike rolls fast! I was able to roll/pump this up to speed easily on a lot of the stuff yesterday and last weekend where others were needing to crank the pedals. Sure a big part of this is tyre selection, but that doesn't make it any less fun.

Currently I plan to put on a slightly longer stem. Otherwise I feel no need for changes yet.

One day I'll remember to grab some action shots of this thing.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I blame the friction on the hairy legs, you would have had a few extra milliseconds in the air to garb the bars if they were bald.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I have been riding this bike a fair bit over the last couple of months - all over town, trails, dirt lumps, bare creek, and so on. This bike is a heap of fun!

I recently installed a ks eten 125mm dropper for making commuting a little more fun. It has been an excellent move! Fortunately this dropper also fits some of my other frames so I can transfer it across the rides easily if I want to. I have noticed that fully extended it is slightly lower than my scout and fully lowered it is slightly lower, all be it still having a lot of exposed post. So I am tempted to see if I can enjoy this setup on trail and over jumps etc, might even pop the forks up to 160!

I am also going to take off the 35mm stem and go to a 40mm or 45mm option. While I don't feel cramped, I think I would like a little more space. Hopefully this doesn't interfere with my fully sick and incredibly epic DJ style...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well climb mode works really well! A friend who works at the John Hunter (big local hospital) strongly advised that the test results are issued faster from the hospital's testing centre than the stadium drive through I was in line at. They have been tested 20 million times so I take the advice and take on the mighty climb up up up and up to the hospital. The climb took only 15 minutes, this bike is clearly ready for the Pyrenees.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Well climb mode works really well! A friend who works at the John Hunter (big local hospital) strongly advised that the test results are issued faster from the hospital's testing centre than the stadium drive through I was in line at. They have been tested 20 million times so I take the advice and take on the mighty climb up up up and up to the hospital. The climb took only 15 minutes, this bike is clearly ready for the Pyrenees.
Not sure as I haven't been there in years but there used to be a tidy little network of trails in the bushland between there and Jesmond.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not sure as I haven't been there in years but there used to be a tidy little network of trails in the bushland between there and Jesmond.
There sure was! I haven't been there in forever, so no idea about now. When I was at uni I used to ride there a bit. There was a sweet set of dirt jumps and a few other nice jumps among good fast so for track and an easy climb back up. I remember there being a lot of tension with the (way too many) old people that USD to bush walk there was well...lots of trail vandalism and complaints to council.

I had a fucking huge crash on the dirt jumps just after I graduated. The old overshoot + nose dive + up ramp = out cold in the bushes a few metres from the trail! I was riding alone and made it out to the football field after I came too. People everywhere were looking at me like I was a mad man. For non-locals there is a lot of unsavoury people living in this area, I wouldn't be surprised if one of my stolen bikes is there now as a prize. Anyway once I regained enough senses I texted a mate at the Uni and rode over to meet him as get a coffee. Kerry from phantom called me while I was on the way and he was a top sport! He called me back later to make sure I was ok etc.

Anyway at the Uni I was getting a lot of sideways stares again and when my mate found me he laughed his arse off! Then sent me to the toilet to clean up while he fixed my bike for me. I looked fucked! Blood and dirt all over my face. The people were right to stare at me, but they could also have offered to help...

Anyway once I'm allowed out to play again I reckon I might go and explore the park or day. It is certainly going to be less crowded than glenrock!