Steel regret

smasher29er

Likes Bikes
Has anyone bought a steel framed bike and regretted it? Like you just wished it was made from aluminum to be lighter? Yes I am aware that tons of people have bought and love their steel mountain bikes.

cammas

Seamstress
No and you can build up a light weight steel bike if you want, it will not be as an alloy but steel is real! ;)

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Has anyone bought a steel framed bike and regretted it? Like you just wished it was made from aluminum to be lighter? Yes I am aware that tons of people have bought and love their steel mountain bikes.
No. Fuck. No.

Though I did buy a steel K-Mart bike about five years ago. I regretted that...

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nope. I did sell my 2 steel fat bikes and I might miss them some day but I have 2 steel HT at the moment that are keepers.

clockworked

Like an orange
There's a difference, but it's only marginal. Personally i think the hype is exaggerated. I like how @Scotty675 banshee paradox rides more than my honzo, but it also has a longer fork on it

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I could go as far as saying I’d happily only ride steel bikes from here until the end.

My steel HT is awesome and the Kona Sutra LTD I had was probably the best bike I ever owned, I regret selling that everyday

Provided there are bikes available, I might re-enter the dual suspension realm later this year on a steel version

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
There's a difference, but it's only marginal. Personally i think the hype is exaggerated. I like how @Scotty675 banshee paradox rides more than my honzo, but it also has a longer fork on it
The Paradox lives up to its name when it comes to ride feel and is a total outlier IMO. No idea how they got it feeling that good, but it's an amazing thing. Not encountered many other nice feeling ally hardtails. Some of the better ones are alright over small chatter, but tend to still have a bit of "buzz" when clattering over chunkier rocks, or bounce the back wheel a bit more sharply. Subtle differences, but it's the difference between confidence and tenseness for me.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Test ride it and buy if you like it. Or, just buy the steel frame. Lightness is overrated.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Depends on what it is. I've sold two steel frames which I totally regret (DMR Trailstar LT and charge blender), and have just bought a steel frame to replace one. However, I've sold steel single speed frames which I don't regret.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk