Static shocks

Scotty675

Cable thief
Brushless, moar power, smaller casing, bigger depth of cut, smaller kerf blades cutting easier. Besides the price there not much to not like.
I looked at getting a 75 for the big stuff. When I went in they told me about these being released. They are definitely a solid upgrade. They are also releasing a saw with a scribe saw latter in the year. I will be selling one of my 55s to upgrade latter in the year for sure.

safreek

I know there’s more than a few super geeks here that understand all sorts of shit I don’t.
So I have this tracksaw I run through a supposed ‘anti static’ hose and power lead combo into my shop vac.
I’ve been using this hose and vac with my now dead Makita track saw for a few years and never experienced any sort of static shocks through touching the hose.
Picked up this used tracksaw and the bloody thing- or the hose is zapping me left right and centre. I literally have to wear rubber work gloves but on long sheet cuts the build up gets so bad it’s even getting through those!
No other tools- sanders, Dominos etc are causing and issue. Just this one saw.

Any ideas why and any way I can ground it or something. It’s getting ridiculous and I really don’t want to have to wear my best gimp suit at the workshop. View attachment 399982
Has the machine had the COVID vaccine, if so problem found ;)