AM 4

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Pffft. I will only consider him all in on boutique when I see a set of Pi Rope wheels. Oh and maybe some Trickstuff brakes. Only then has he reached the lofty heights of fully boutiqued!
The dropper needs an upgrade too. Time for a Vecnum or a Yep components. ;)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Pffft. I will only consider him all in on boutique when I see a set of Pi Rope wheels. Oh and maybe some Trickstuff brakes. Only then has he reached the lofty heights of fully boutiqued!
I need the bird emoji for you :p

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
View attachment 386625

Intend Edge with a steel 15mm axle. It arrived with the shipping box looking very worse for wear. I opened it with fingers crossed and thankfully no damage apart from one of the brake line guides had been pulled off. It's held on with some double sided tape that I'll replace then it's sorted.

Raining way too much to ride so I'll be chomping at the bit by the time this weather stops!

Unfortunately the Kitsuma shock has started making a top out clunk....not having much luck with suspension reliability.

Changing travel on the Edge was extremely easy, as was putting the air side token in. Deflate, remove a 10mm nut, pull air shaft assembly, remove internal snap clip, pull spring, insert spacer and rebuild. Took 10mins. Fingers crossed I can't make it creak.....otherwise I'm putting a 160mm Ohlins DH38 dual crown on there (I'm not kidding).
What did you set them at?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 386625

Intend Edge with a steel 15mm axle. It arrived with the shipping box looking very worse for wear. I opened it with fingers crossed and thankfully no damage apart from one of the brake line guides had been pulled off. It's held on with some double sided tape that I'll replace then it's sorted.

Raining way too much to ride so I'll be chomping at the bit by the time this weather stops!

Unfortunately the Kitsuma shock has started making a top out clunk....not having much luck with suspension reliability.

Changing travel on the Edge was extremely easy, as was putting the air side token in. Deflate, remove a 10mm nut, pull air shaft assembly, remove internal snap clip, pull spring, insert spacer and rebuild. Took 10mins. Fingers crossed I can't make it creak.....otherwise I'm putting a 160mm Ohlins DH38 dual crown on there (I'm not kidding).
This guy on youtube/from ADL had the same issue with a Kitsuma:

kten

I hope you've got a comfy chair with a glass of your preferred drink and mood lighting.

That bike is going to get stared at intently for days.
Well done, stunning build!
Thanks mate.

The weather and the clunky shock are signs that I should wait until next week to ride it as I have lower leg guards arriving on Wednesday...imagine taking it out for a cheeky test ride and scratching a lower :eek:

And good pick up @moorey ;) sharp as a sharp thing

kten

Hmmm. I think mine might be doing the same.
I guess I should look at the positives and not be sad. Perfect opportunity to get an EXT shock. :D
Debatable if that's an upgrade imo. Just had a look at the leverage curve on the Highlander and it's shape is quite similar to the Stanton's.....the number differ quite a bit but the shape is the closest I've seen. That part's irrelevant but I know you like reading :)

The Kitsuma is a good match for the Highlander imo. EXT would need to get the tune absolutely dialled 100% because their range of adjustment is tiny and in my experience it can be a lottery if they hit the tune first or second go. Anything you don't like about the Kitsuma and how it feels on the bike? (apart from the now rampant clunking phenomena)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Debatable if that's an upgrade imo. Just had a look at the leverage curve on the Highlander and it's shape is quite similar to the Stanton's.....the number differ quite a bit but the shape is the closest I've seen. That part's irrelevant but I know you like reading :)

The Kitsuma is a good match for the Highlander imo. EXT would need to get the tune absolutely dialled 100% because their range of adjustment is tiny and in my experience it can be a lottery if they hit the tune first or second go. Anything you don't like about the Kitsuma and how it feels on the bike? (apart from the now rampant clunking phenomena)
Too many dials! o_O
Calling it early! ;)

Jpez

Down on the left!

Kitsuma is great. Just the clunky clunky noise which has really started to annoy me. I don’t have real intentions of getting an EXT. can’t justify that sort of cost and a couple of people in the Deviate owners group have sold theirs so seemed to have possibly found the same sort of findings you’ve just described. But they are a pretty piece of jewellery.