Spray Bike

sunmonkee

Likes Bikes
HI Guys,

Does anyone have any experience using this product? Looks like its a easy and cjheap? way of paiting your frame.

Thanks,

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
HI Guys,

Does anyone have any experience using this product? Looks like its a easy and cjheap? way of paiting your frame.

Thanks,
Looks like spray paint to me. There is no stockist in Australia for that product, so it will probably cost a bomb to get it over here.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I once painted one side of my bike with blue interior house paint with a brush....... when I got sick of it I pressure washed it off.

Otherwise good quality spray paint has worked well with my lackluster painting abilities. Professionally applied car paint looked the best of all my bike colour changes.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Are you getting the frame sand blasted first?

I watched this video and now I'm going down a rabbit hole...

Doesn't look like you can get these sprays in Australia but they do TVR style chroma colours which would look absolutely boss on my frame!
Not sure on sandblasting but that would probably be ideal. Does anyone know if it would remove the blue/grey colour from the welds?

That video was so good.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Oh also agree your bike would look good in a chroma colour, saw a Liv today with the green/pink/purple and my mate commented tgat it looked so good. I'm keen to keep my cruiser showing raw steel and reckon the glitter will set it off nicely.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Anyone who has used spray bike able to share some photos of the finished result? I’m going to give it a go on a frame. Curious of gloss level with clear coat over the top

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Anyone who has used spray bike able to share some photos of the finished result? I’m going to give it a go on a frame. Curious of gloss level with clear coat over the top
Just check out everything Squid bikes does for inspo..

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i had a good chat with them at the bike show this weekend (they were more or less the only interesting thing at the show...)

Their products are all matt, but then can be reworked to a gloss as needed with sanding and clear coat. Its worth having a chat to them, but the jist of it is that depending on the colour used, you may have some sanding to do for a proper gloss finish, and they sell various clear coat products to achieve the desired finish. the paint itself is pretty rad, goes on thick, doesn't run, dries quick, only needs one coat. after that you can do a matt/satin/gloss clear coat for extra protection, and some of the clears come with fancy sparkly stuff in it too if that's your thing.

I'm going to be using their stuff on the old Tracer rebuild i've been meaning to get cracking on, either pink/fluro green or purple/fluro green. apparently their stuff works well for a hydro dip finish too, i'm still pretty keen to give this a whizz despite early failures with supercheap auto paints.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’ve gone with pewter silver and satin/gloss clear. Nothing to exciting but frame isn’t good enough to stay raw ally. A lot of the videos I’ve watched it looks very dry mat finish. Im hoping I can get a smooth semi gloss finish. I was going to spray a base, apply decals, colour finish then remove decals before clear coat. I’ve seen were decals can react to clear. Will see though because it would be easier just to clear over decals and be done

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Paint in headtube, seat tube, BB threads, and post mount threads? Looks smooth though.