Spirit of Tasmania

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just got a call from the SOT, from the kind of woman that Karen would demand to speak to.

Details will be posted on the website later today :)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
We booked because of the 100% refund.

The other issue is my setup is over 2.1m high and night sailing preference.

13m long caravan and 4WD combined at over 2.1m high sells out 4-6 months before the sailings, no worries if you are under 2.1m.

Because we sail on the 13th, 2 days before the 15th December opening of Tassie, we need to drive from a low risk state. SA's roadmap released today says we open up the state to corona on the 23rd November, nearly 3 weeks before we sail, so if SA goes from Low risk to med or high, I cannot enter Tasmania.

After the 15th December, you can come from anywhere as long as you are double vaxxed and have a clear vid test within 72hrs.
Clear test at $150 a pop....
It doesn't feel smart :(

I believe once the 15th of December comes, Tassie is open ! Though how 'open' will be clear as the weeks unfold.
My wife and I had to cancel our Sept trip for the same reasons and concerns. And Tassie didn't close. But still the risk at the time, early Sept, was too high. I lost $500 in booking fees too, even though I cancelled within the campervan's guideline times. But we just couldn't afford the time or money to potentially have to quarantine for 2 weeks. Ce La Vie man. It's not like you won't be able to go another time. That was our view anyway

ozzybmx

Back-flip ahoy indeed @beeb

Its potentially on again, if SA stays Low-Risk.

They identified that it excluded everyone travelling between now and the 15th December.

What has changed is that you have to prove you cannot travel due to corona restrictions to receive the 100% refund.
So as was suggested by a few on this thread, cancelling because you dont want to go, cant be bothered or just laying out $3k to fill up possible Victorian seats will still fall into the amended terms and conditions where it will be 75%-50%-0% of the fare refunded.

Hi -----

Thank you for your time today.

As per our conversation, I am pleased to state the website has been updated, via the My Booking page, as follows:

Until 15 December 2021, if you are unable to travel due to border restrictions and are charged a cancellation fee when you cancel online, please email your booking number to contactus@spiritoftasmania.com.au and our team will be able to assist you. After 15 December 2021, standard cancellation fees will apply to all cancelled bookings.

If we can be of any further assistance please feel welcome to call us on 1800 634 906.

Kind regards

---------

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Good result I reckon. Only issue will be if you travel to Melbourne only to be turned away at the last minute then you will be up for your travel costs.

ozzybmx

Good result I reckon. Only issue will be if you travel to Melbourne only to be turned away at the last minute then you will be up for your travel costs.
All of it too :(

Better still, get to Tassie then a cluster appears in SA, Tas then say anyone who has been in SA in the last 10 days must now self isolate for 2 weeks.

Its got holes all over it, any wonder why I have not even attempted to leave this state in 2 years.

ozzybmx

Just had a conversation with a rude and unhelpful woman at the SOT call centre
Just had another call and follow up email, an apology from the SOT for the rude call centre girl and to tell me again about the good news.

I said it didn't really matter and all is good :) She said they had a "horrific day" yesterday with hundreds of angry customers and everyone was on edge.

She said yesterdays torrent of complaints prompted the decision to allow genuine bookings to be cancelled up until the 15th of December due to border issues, then still qualify for the 100% refund.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
So this new strain out and about might just force companies to be a bit more flexible... I'm booked to travel over on the 17th of January and right now I'm not liking my chances... I feel for the travel, accomm and tourism companies caught in the middle of this. If we didn't have such a shit government some sort of insurance system would be a massive relief to all involved.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So this new strain out and about might just force companies to be a bit more flexible... I'm booked to travel over on the 17th of January and right now I'm not liking my chances... I feel for the travel, accomm and tourism companies caught in the middle of this. If we didn't have such a shit government some sort of insurance system would be a massive relief to all involved.
Comparatively, we don't actually have a shit government...but that's a whole other convo for another thread, actually let's just not go there.

ozzybmx

Haven't been able to post anything as the free WiFi in Derby says Rotorburn is a high risk site and Optus doesn't work in the town.

5 good days riding so far but we were on the way for an Atlas to Trouty this morning and the heavens opened so we rerouted down Dam Busters... soaked to the skin and its belted down for 3 hours now.

Already done Trouty 3 times :)

It's had a bit of work done on it to fix the erosion.

Lucaw

Next in line
Haven't been able to post anything as the free WiFi in Derby says Rotorburn is a high risk site and Optus doesn't work in the town.

5 good days riding so far but we were on the way for an Atlas to Trouty this morning and the heavens opened so we rerouted down Dam Busters... soaked to the skin and its belted down for 3 hours now.

Already done Trouty 3 times :)

It's had a bit of work done on it to fix the erosion.
Are you still in derby tomorrow, or are you continuing your Tasmanian adventure

ozzybmx

Are you still in derby tomorrow, or are you continuing your Tasmanian adventure
Yes still here for 3 more days but tomorrow is meant to be worse than today, we had 5 hrs of heavy rain here today... don't know how tomorrow will go.