Specialized Boomslang Pedals

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have been on them for a few months, including a Canada trip.

Great platform. Great grip.

Weird movement feel sometimes when riding along without pedaling, hard to explain. I think it's a friction issue in small movements that results in small sharp motions rather than a smooth roll underfoot; feels horribly unnatural. But it seems to go away when you give everything a good clean.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Hummm.... bit of horizontal play maybe? I've had Podiums, Spikes, Atlas, eThirteen and they all seem to get it to a greater or lesser degree. Although, the plastic Nukeproof cheapies are pretty solid.. cep I don't like the size of the platform.. :pout:

ChopSticks

Banned
Ko

DO NOT BUY THESE PEDALS!

1. the pedal axle is tapers to a huge point adjacent to the crank arm... if you get grit stuck in there... you'll grind a nice silver ring into your crank arm
2. any lateral play that develops in the first 2 rides can be taken out.... at your local Specialized deal... which will then post down to Melbourne HQ who are the ONLY people in the country to have the proprietary tool to tighten it.....

get some spank pedals from Pushie... local shop, local warranty and looks 100x more bling that speshy pedals

(i do however like the 4 extra pin holder they designed into the pedal... apart from that its absolute garbage pedal.)

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
hehe,,, not buying anything just yet. Just doing some pre-lim research :)

I've already got some Spanks dying for a full rebuild :) but unless they've changed the design I found you mash the internals pretty quick. Although I do like the size, feel, grip of them. May just see if I can steal the plastic ones of one of the kiddies :)

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hummm.... bit of horizontal play maybe? I've had Podiums, Spikes, Atlas, eThirteen and they all seem to get it to a greater or lesser degree. Although, the plastic Nukeproof cheapies are pretty solid.. cep I don't like the size of the platform.. :pout:
Nah - not horizontal. It's way weirder and more annoying.....

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
haha... You're really pitching them to me. When you get sick of them, let me know and I can lend you some with horizontal play :heh:

ForkeSeal

Likes Bikes
Weird movement feel sometimes when riding along without pedaling, hard to explain. I think it's a friction issue in small movements that results in small sharp motions rather than a smooth roll underfoot; feels horribly unnatural. But it seems to go away when you give everything a good clean.
I used these pedals for a few weeks but got rid of them cause of this reason. Something just doesn't feel right.

Also these pedals do not fit on a shuttle trailer/rack. This was very annoying when riding at Buller trying to get the shuttle back up!

They are a huge waste of money in my opinion.

I got nukeproof electrons instead. Cheaper and better.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Something just doesn't feel right..
Yep. Pretty sure you had exactly the same experience as me. Freaking weird eh? I kept looking for play in all sorts of places all over the bike. But nah, it's just some unusual artifact of the pedals.