Specialized 2017

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
https://www.specialized.com/au/en-au/bikes

Few interesting updates from Specialized this year. Epic hardtail, beefed up Stumpjumpers with GRID casing tyres and rockshox/Ohlins suspension on the higher end models, no more Brain shocks on the Cambers, Raceface cranks on the mid-spec models. No Enduro listed on the site anymore so should be interesting to see what happens there.

Also...E-Bikes galore.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah, flicking through the range now. Camber has no Boost (maybe it'll happen later?) and how can they just drop the Enduro from the range?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yeah, flicking through the range now. Camber has no Boost (maybe it'll happen later?) and how can they just drop the Enduro from the range?
Not dropped. Just not released yet (strong hints in Crankworks Whistler debut)... Same with the new Roubaix, and presumably a new S-works Epic under Peter Sagan for the olympics.
They also seem to be missing the Fuse, which is getting a new carbon model this year.

Sworks stumpy gives me a boner

Last edited:

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Anybody else out there other than me that couldn't give a rats arse about what Specialized is doing next year?
I would give up riding if they were the last manufacturer left in the world and I was without a ride
Yep, That's right, I'm hating on the big "S"
Come get me : )

Twelve

Likes Dirt
Anybody else out there other than me that couldn't give a rats arse about what Specialized is doing next year?
I would give up riding if they were the last manufacturer left in the world and I was without a ride
I'm hearing you, and my only bike is a Specialized. Saying adios to this brand when new bike time comes (pls let it be a Turner Czar).

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Cambers look shit, one aluminium model and has no dropper, poverty drivetrain and entry level trail fork. I assume it'll be the same price as a Trek Fuel EX 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Thread is titled 'Specialized 2017', if you couldn't give a rats arse why did you click on it? :noidea:

rone

Eats Squid
They're the Apple of bicycles.

slimjim1

Haha I can understand where you're coming from. Overpriced bikes, shady business practices etc etc.

At least there's usually a few interesting things when spesh release new models (SWAT frame storage etc).

slimjim1

Cambers look shit, one aluminium model and has no dropper, poverty drivetrain and entry level trail fork. I assume it'll be the same price as a Trek Fuel EX 7.
They'll probably bring in some more models on the low to mid-end just yet I'd reckon.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
You know they've run out of interest I their own product when the Giant press release is more exciting.

Browsing the new Spec models is like wondering what model the taxi industry is going to invest in next year......or deciding between Vanilla or French Vanilla.
I'm hearing you, and my only bike is a Specialized. Saying adios to this brand when new bike time comes (pls let it be a Turner Czar).

#nickstevensisachunt