spank spike race28 enduro?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Has anyone tried these wheels? Reviews look positive but I wouldn't mind hearing from a burners first hand experience. The old stockies on the reign are starting to get abit tired, and these look like a good alternative to cheap carbon hoops.

Just abit worried about low spoke count. I weigh 90 kitted and like to think I'm smooth (read-slow), but im constantly truing the front wheel (giant home brand off reign 2). Don't wanna spend up on a new set just to break it.

Cheers, Jim.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I'm 90 on the standard set (32h 15mm/150x12) for the DH bike and they have been great.

I'm not sure why Spank are going for 28h on their #endubro wheelsets but I've read no real complaints from reviewers and whatnot.

I was gonna get an Oozy set for the trail bike but had the same 28h concerns.

Not surprised you're truing the Giant wheels often though.
They aren't very good.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I've got them and rate everything about them highly. It's quite rocky our way and I'm almost 90 in gear. The oombah bulge in the centre makes it trickier to setup tubeless.
I've not needed to touch the spokes yet.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Cheers for the replies. Sounds like a goer.

And yeah, the stockies are shite. Front gets a 5mm side to side buckle every damn ride almost. And the rear looks more beaten than a ginger step kid. :tsk:

Now, blue or black? :llama: