Something something big black trannie pun NEW BIKE

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Well I've gone out and bought myself a new transition to add to my now almost single branded fleet of bikes.

Transition scout, picked up today after what felt like the lengthiest weight of my life. Very nice frame in the flesh, pretty keen to get it build up, just gotta strip my reign and get my forks sent off to be serviced and lowered.

complete build pics up when I get around to it, not enough time today to start putting things together yet.

But heres a box pick!

IMG_14511_zpskppi1w56.jpg

spec will be as follows

Frame: transition scout XL
fork: rockshox Pike RC 140mm
Rear shock: rockshox monarch debonair RT3
Wheels: Hope tech enduro 27.5, pro 2 hubs
Cranks: Shimano XT
Chainring: Shimano XT 32t
Casset: Praxxis 10-40 10sp
Derailleur: Shimano SLX-soon to be upgraded to 11sp xt when it finally gives up the ghost.
Shifter: shimano deore
Brakes: Shimano deore, which maybe get upgraded down the track, but with 200mm front, 180mm back and sintered pads they work pretty good so not too fussed.
Bars: Renthal fatbars, uncut.
Stem: renthal apex, 40mm
Grips: lizardskins lock-ons
Tyres: maxxis minion DHF 2.3 front, maxxis minion SS 2.3 rear.
Guide: MRP something, top guide and taco.

Not the flashiest build out, but it worked well enough for me on the reign. I'm firmly in the camp of quality frame and suspension first, then reliable components second. Not too fussed with weight.

Ridiculously keen to get this thing built, I've been lusting after one since they were announced.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Frame looks so clean, very nice. Don't sweat too hard on your spec. You'll just need a few anno bits on there to bling it up.

How does it look on the oven?

Ultra Lord

No ano on this thing except the renthal gold! Black and grey frame just screams for a stealth build.

monochromitranny.

There's nothing in my spec I can replace that isn't a solid performer. Shiftings not that great I admit, but the cassette's still going strong so thats not getting the boot yet. Wheels are solid, fork just needs a service.
Brakes are deore's but the sintered pads and big rotors kill it.

And the giant dropper is brilliant, especially considering how cheap it is compared to reverbs etc. It goes up, and down. Reliably (take that lev and reverb!).

Just wana get it built and rolling!

And might get forks painted satin black, with grey graphics. OR, i could cover up the scratches with a marker haha. The tightarse in me likes the desticker and permo solution.

Ultra Lord

Eh, I like black. And I already have colourful bikes.

And most of the parts I already own are black. I've got Blue valve caps though, so thats nice.
Gotta match my black riding kit!

Ultra Lord

Don't listen to him. Murder the shit out of that thing and ride the fuck out of it. Amazing frames good work.
Thanks man. I knew there'd be some love for a ninja bike.

And beggars can't be choosers poodle

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

IMG_1585_zps5mryk8lr.jpg
IMG_1647_zpsyz5tgs1b.jpg

Well here's the bike all built up, pre XT 11 sp and DMR vaults. Old photo's that I forgot about and found when I was cleaning out my phone.

The dry and dusty shot is at my local, the other ones from derby. Yep, black bikes are hard to take photo's of, but I reckon it looks pretty good in the flesh. The only thing that I reckon needs to be fixed is the blue rockshox stickers on the forks, but I'd rather spend my limited spare time riding it than peeling back stickers so they've stayed.

Maybe when I get abit more expendable cash I'll swap the deore brakes out for some zee's, but there not too bad. It aint the flashiest build here, but it's solid (mostly, still salty about driver bearings) and works bloody well.

edit: sorry for potato quality phone pics.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
looks greet and looks like it gets a work out. how do you find the hope branded wheels? tough enough?
Got a set myself, I reckon they're great... only managed to ding one slightly after multiple tyre bottom-outs onto rocks/roots, still running straight, just needed a tension after a few weeks riding from new.
I guess they're a touch narrow by modern standards/cool factors, but they give a real nice tyre profile. Not too round, not too square.

Transition looks nice though...I like how the slant on the top tube and seat stays are relatively the same. Aesthetically pleasing!

slowmick

38-39"
Got a set myself, I reckon they're great... only managed to ding one slightly after multiple tyre bottom-outs onto rocks/roots, still running straight, just needed a tension after a few weeks riding from new.
I guess they're a touch narrow by modern standards/cool factors, but they give a real nice tyre profile. Not too round, not too square.

Transition looks nice though...I like how the slant on the top tube and seat stays are relatively the same. Aesthetically pleasing!
Cheers for that Ezkaton - good to know they stand up to a larger man giving them what for.

you're right about the frame too - very aesthetically pleasing. (insert golf clap here).

Ultra Lord

i folded the bead over abit on the front rim when I rolled the tyre off in a rockgarden on a downhill track, just bent it back with a shifter and it seals up tubeless fine with a track pump.

The rims have been pretty good, the front gets a bit of a wobble every now and again, but nothing to be too concerned about. As stated, they are abit narrow by todays standards, but I prefer the profile they give a 2.3 tyre. Not too square, but enough sidewall support. Bloody good rims for the money, all things considered. Had them for around two years now. The stock giant rims that these replaced of my reign didn't last 6 months.

Golf claps don't go with this bike, needs some devil horns thrown up whilst wearing a pantera shirt and rockin a fresh mullet. braaaaaaaaaaap

Ultra Lord

IMG_2743.JPG

Cheeky action shot with the new 36's down at mills creek. Awesome days riding. Really impressed with the 36rc2's, playing with the clickers makes a noticeable difference. And having that extra 10mm helps abit two.
85psi, two orange reducers, lost count of clicks hahaha

Post ride lamb gyros and little creatures, perfect sunday

Last edited:

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good stuff chigs

For a few weeks now I've been on my scout after smashing my hand and
already I can say this is the best frame I've ridden, so alive and the pop
of anything sensation is addictive not to mention how well this rig corners
so...
so...
good

Ultra Lord

It’s like a slope bike for the trails isn’t it, it shouldn’t be as fun as it is.

Still gotta post yours up! This site needs more trannys, balance out the sea of yeti’s and banshees.