Some useful 3D printed parts, tools and accessories

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I’ve had enough of the rubber bands on my Gloworm switch breaking, and almost losing the whole thing while riding. Would love to replace the attachment with something bolt on instead. Here’s what it looks like:

I’ve tried to DIY, and while it works pretty well, I’d rather something that’s easier to get on and off to the replace the battery or switch across bikes.

Is anyone with a 3D printer able to help? If there’s free cad software I can work on design, but probably need some assistance beyond just the printing.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best option I can think of would be a new backplate with the sides extended out, to secure to the bars with zipties either side. Hard to model without having the switch in hand to measure/reference against though.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Best option I can think of would be a new backplate with the sides extended out, to secure to the bars with zipties either side. Hard to model without having the switch in hand to measure/reference against though.
Functionally that’s pretty much what my thermoformed monstrosity does.

Was hoping something that can be bolted up, like this but with the base plate replicated on top:

goobags

Likes Dirt
I wouldn’t try to replace the back plate, it will be difficult to maintain the IP raining of the unit if so.

I would either make an adapter that picks up the existing screw holes and source new screws (could be difficult) or make an adapter then double sided tape the remote to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I haven't been happy with the lever shape on my Olde magura hydro rim brakes, so I thought I'd see what I can do with the 3d printer.
First test lever done, I'll have a look at the fitment and feel tomorrow. Final product will be printed in carbon fibre nylon filament which is apparently super strong.

Wish me luck!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having printed & briefly used a PLA lever on shimano brakes before as a temporary solution.. it was surprisingly solid. There's no way I would have used it permanently though.

Carbon fibre nylon could be interesting, curious to see how you go.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I've printed a bunch of stuff with colorFabb's carbon fibre filament, nothing mission critical mind but definitely seems stronger than the Ultimaker Tough PLA.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
V1 was a fail, I missed a detail and it doesn't fit
V2 fits, and is surprisingly sturdy for a basic pla at 20% infill.

Much better feel than the original, I think I need to thin it out just a fraction but it's pretty good for someone with some very rudimentary cad skills

Miguel76

Likes Bikes
I recently saw these 3D printed Hope V4 bleed tools and am impressed and suffering FOMO. Being a troglodyte without 3D printing capabilities I was wondering if any of you resident 3D printing groove-masters would be willing to swap cold hard cash monies for printing & posting these V4 tools?

https://www.hopetech.com/dut/open-source-tools/

I’m interested in one of each tool for the V4’s and have no idea about costs. If you’re interested please have your people contact my people to discuss.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I recently saw these 3D printed Hope V4 bleed tools and am impressed and suffering FOMO. Being a troglodyte without 3D printing capabilities I was wondering if any of you resident 3D printing groove-masters would be willing to swap cold hard cash monies for printing & posting these V4 tools?

https://www.hopetech.com/dut/open-source-tools/

I’m interested in one of each tool for the V4’s and have no idea about costs. If you’re interested please have your people contact my people to discuss.
That's super peachy of them for handing out the 3d print files for us to use. It's simple stuff, but the gesture is nice

I reckon there's 1 beer in that. Maybe 2 at most. Should be a simple print and bugger all filament.

I'll see about printing some on the weekend, but please feel free to send me a gentle reminder because I'll almost definitely forget

Miguel76

Likes Bikes
That's super peachy of them for handing out the 3d print files for us to use. It's simple stuff, but the gesture is nice

I reckon there's 1 beer in that. Maybe 2 at most. Should be a simple print and bugger all filament.

I'll see about printing some on the weekend, but please feel free to send me a gentle reminder because I'll almost definitely forget

Thanks Plank, that’s very kind of you. I’ll flick you a reminder on Friday.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So, I want to modify the Highball to take an internally routed dropper post, but it has no guides on the downtube (or a cable port obviously). I need some bits to make this happen, and the eBay offerings are not really inspiring me. So...

Is anyone able to print something like this (x5 or so):

And something like this (but with more of a flange):
1663044200220.png

Must be black! Happy to pay if someone can give a chop out. :)