Some useful 3D printed parts, tools and accessories

Ackland

chats d'élevage
FWIW the slimmer mount (top picture) is better balanced with respect to the positioning of the 1/4 turn.

The chunkier mount is "bottom heavy" as the 1/4 is high on the unit.

I assume that overall stability will probably depend on which variant of bike mount I use (out front, regular stem or headset cap mount).

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks @Isaakk, tight secure fit.

I'll give them a go with a tether attached but for on bike use, following a line, they won't see black diamond trails
No prob, hope it works out. A tether sounds like a good idea, that's a pretty chunky GPS - bigger than I had envisioned

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
View attachment 389570

View attachment 389571

Thanks @Isaakk, tight secure fit.

I'll give them a go with a tether attached but for on bike use, following a line, they won't see black diamond trails
You can get a bit of extra strength by heat treating the print. The idea is that you cause the layers to adhere better by getting the print close to it's warping temperature.

Worth looking it up, apparently works well for pla and PETG, but limited benefit with abs

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can get a bit of extra strength by heat treating the print. The idea is that you cause the layers to adhere better by getting the print close to it's warping temperature.

Worth looking it up, apparently works well for pla and PETG, but limited benefit with abs

Problem with doing this is that it changes the dimensions of the part. When you have something with low tolerances like the quarter-turn mount and rail slides, chances are they probably won't fit properly after annealing.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Problem with doing this is that it changes the dimensions of the part. When you have something with low tolerances like the quarter-turn mount and rail slides, chances are they probably won't fit properly after annealing.
Yeah, I havn't done it with anything with fine tolerances yet, I figure it would be tricky to prevent any warping.

I should have a 500deg hotend coming in soon, can start to play with stronger filament types

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Wondering if anyone could 3d print me a brake line bracket for my new bike? Happy to pay, let me know if anyone can oblige and I’ll PM you.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Wondering if anyone could 3d print me a brake line bracket for my new bike? Happy to pay, let me know if anyone can oblige and I’ll PM you.
Does it need to be drawn or is there a model for it already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Are you just talking about the little C clips, or something you fix to your frame?

If it's not just the C clips, if you can find something on thingiverse or a similar site, printing should be pretty easy

kten

kten

Does the world now know what bike you are getting?

Main pivot guide would be interesting to print. Definitely achievable but the look and store will vary depending on how it’s done.

I’m happy to give it a go, heading to post office this week to post other things if you want

lol nobody asked so I just didn't say but it's no secret.

I'd love it if you could have a crack mate. The standard routing of the brake line doesn't look too flash and this looks like a much more elegant solution.

goobags

Likes Dirt
lol nobody asked so I just didn't say but it's no secret.

I'd love it if you could have a crack mate. The standard routing of the brake line doesn't look too flash and this looks like a much more elegant solution.
I’ll give it a go and let you know if I’m happy with the print

kten

Been stuck in Melbourne for 2 weeks now. I got a pleasant surprise as it got to Aus in 18 days. I was expecting a 2 week wait before it even left as I bought from bc not raaw direct.
I was going to buy direct but Rueben at RAAW uses standard DHL too so bike components got the gig as it was €100 cheaper. Plus they threw in a headset along with another brake adapter for free too.
Either way I can’t wait to get it. Look forward to hearing what you think of yours (which is hopefully soon!)

goobags

Likes Dirt
[mention]kten [/mention] [mention]Scotty675 [/mention]

Photos taken on with a potato then uploaded via a hash brown.

First photo on the left I’m happy with. Printed as it is shown with the top ironed in PETG. On the right is the same without ironing.

Old mate who uploaded the design printed it on its edge with a fair bit of support but the second photo shows it being somewhat elliptical and just doesn’t look good. Tried with more support and smaller layer height but the gloss black just doesn’t hide anything.

Anyway I’ll print another set and drop them off to the post office.

Note old mate uses 6mm brake hose, my 5mm stuff obviously fits but there is a fair bit of clearance.