Some useful 3D printed parts, tools and accessories

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Today's effort was designing an ispec2 bar clamp for daughters bike. Previous clamp I found on thingyverse needed editing to make it fit and ended up breaking nearly straight away due to the offset.

Turns out I'm getting better with the cad stuff, this is an hour's work and it fits much more gooder, will be many more stronger, and even has a nickname on it for her

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Certainly looks beefier than the version you printed me. I still haven't had a chance to put mine to the test yet, but good to know there's a studier option if need be! :)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i'll get a couple over to you ;)

i beleive the ones i sent you are meant to clamp the mount that comes with the shifter, so possibly dont need as much beef to work. this one bypasses that mount completely and just attaches to the shifter directly, needs a bit more strength beceause its subject to twisting force.

I've also discovered a different print surface (PEI for those interested) that sticks like glue. meaning the adhesion issues that were at the core of most of my ABS printing problems is no longer a thing and i can even print without brims around it to make it stick. much neater and cleaner now!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Today's effort was designing an ispec2 bar clamp for daughters bike. Previous clamp I found on thingyverse needed editing to make it fit and ended up breaking nearly straight away due to the offset.

Turns out I'm getting better with the cad stuff, this is an hour's work and it fits much more gooder, will be many more stronger, and even has a nickname on it for her

That's a very clean looking print, what type of supports do you use?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That's my PLA test print, using tree supports from buildplate. I hadn't tried ABS since upgrading the surface and didn't want to stuff around just to get it to work and not know whether any problems were my model or my printing. I've printed in abs now, no support, no adhesion assist, and it's pretty clean. Printing again now with tree supports and doing multiples so thinks might get better or might get worser

iconic

Likes Dirt
Was anyone here printing durolux travel spacers (non eq version)? I am after 2-3

Cheers!

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm happy to post one to someone?

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk
If you have some calipers and can take some measurements, I'm happy to model, print, and post some

edit: In other news, i've modeled and printed a longer rear wheel tray for a Yakima Highroad rack - but being the genius I am, I melted/warped it whilst drying & now need to print another, probably in PETG. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

goobags

Likes Dirt
Not bhed, good size.

Could really use a 0.25mm nozzle for this but its still OK. Just a bit too much post processing on the recession the bottom due to my supports being a bit sticky so I will add bit more depth (1mm) which should give enough clearance. Might print a 10mm cylinder to test installing it onto a shaft. Due to geometry of original it is very hard to measure the shaft diameter but 10mm is a fair estimate I think.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Well seems to work alright, got rid of the wings so can print without support material. Looking at how it sits attached to the underside of a top/downtube, I think a curved base might not be a bad idea.. being 3D printed though, a curved/raised base is less than desirable for ease of printing.

Definitely the new home of my Co2/dynaplug.

View attachment 372746

Can do, shoot me a message if you'd like one, real world test pilots probably not a bad idea!
I was thinking about this the other day. Could you print your curved base as a separate piece (inverted) and then just sandwich the two together?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Any one know if there's a Oneup EDC pump bracket file? Its only a $15 part, but availability is scarce In these times.
More importantly does anyone want to print me a couple?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Any one know if there's a Oneup EDC pump bracket file? Its only a $15 part, but availability is scarce In these times.
More importantly does anyone want to print me a couple?
I did one a while back, uses a couple of Garmin O-rings to hold the pump on. Happy to print one for you if you'd like.

I printed a holder for my OneUp EDC pump the other day and had the same dilemma as you but found that if I made it wide enough as the curve of the top tube fell away it was enough to slip some o-rings on.

View attachment 372710

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Photo of it on the bike.

EDIT: Probably not much good if you still want to mount a water bottle in that spot as well, I wasn't a fan of the offset OEM bracket and use a Fidlock bottle which the twist to release action clashed with the pump.

Last edited: