sold

Dhercj

Likes Dirt
Hey, pm me your price range. And then if i like its, ill get some pics. Whats the steerer length, and is it 1//8 or 1/5?? cheers

Manitou

Banned
when you say "custom" what you really mean is that you ran the forks with the 100mm lockout on and bottomed out and the spacers broke inside, meaning that you can use the travel adjuster to change the forks to longer travel, your not fooling anyone.

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when you say "custom" what you really mean is that you ran the forks with the 100mm lockout on and bottomed out and the spacers broke inside, meaning that you can use the travel adjuster to change the forks to longer travel, your not fooling anyone.
why dont you get you f@rkin facts right before you come in here and accuse me of lying.

they actually are custom forks. they have a sherman jumper spring in them (which is shorter and stiffer then standard). while it still retains the the rebound and compression (unlike the jumpers which only have the rebound).

and if your gona quote some bullshit at me, at least make sure your right. you dont brake the "spacer" which according to you will render the adjuster broken. all that happens when people bottom out the forks in the low travel setting and they "pop" back up. is that the clip which sits in the spring twits around and slips off. which can be fixed (contraru to popular belief).

theres no spacer to crush, although these forks still have the adjuster cap (not wasting money on buying a jumper cap just to make other happy), i assure you there is no adjuster connected to it.

and these CUSTOM forks are still for sale.

claudia

Squid
alright, now this is just stupid

i g2 say the previous slamming by "manitou" its just alitle bit baseless

"when you say "custom" what you really mean is that you ran the forks with the 100mm lockout on and bottomed out and the spacers broke inside, meaning that you can use the travel adjuster to change the forks to longer travel, your not fooling anyone."

now my friend, ive overseen these forks and have serviced them accordingly. im not sure wheather you are confused or just have a general lack of knowledge. if the latter is the case i would appriciate you refraining from sprouting crap that in itself, is making you look like an idiot.

for instance spacers. now even if you werent familiar with the operations of a suspension fork, it would take a simple second understand the purpose of spacers and the lack of intergration of them with the workings of the travel adjuster. not to meantion the vagueness of the spacers of which you speak.

now for all those who think im infact sprouting crap, heres the technical explaination as to why ur comments are innapropriate:

1; there are only two places in which there are spacers inside a sherman. one in the compression leg with the spring and one and the bottom of each piston that effectivly sits in the bottom of the outer casting.

now, the purpose of the spacer with the spring is to increase preload. hence if it was a "broken stock fork" you would find that not only would the travel adjuster still work, but as you de-compress the fork the spring would come away from the top cap. thus causing as craking sound as you re-compressed as it re-connects witht the top cap.
hence the fork would be slightly fukt and you would clearly be able to spot this before purchasing it. hence the pointlessness of trying to pull that type of crap. not to mention its limited corralation with the travel adjuster.

now, if you were reffering to the "spacers" or bottom out buffers as they are also called, they are physically about 4 inches away from the slightest mechanisum assosiated with the travel adjuster. they are infact designed to save you, as if you bottom out the fork out extreemly hard they stop you from blasting through your lowers. I can assure you, they are not broken and are not assosiated with the travel adjuster.

thus i find your slanderous comment, unfounded and insulting. i would be happy to take apart these forks to show you how wrong you are, or any buyers for that matter.

and yes, the spring has infact been replaced with a jumper spring with additional spacers thus making it an appropriate and legitimate modificaton.

06acrider

Likes Dirt
interested

hey mate i was just wondering if you would take 200 and if you've got an 8 inch adaptor throw that in please or if you dont 180 and i can come get them depending on where in melb you are

thanks josh

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate i was just wondering if you would take 200 and if you've got an 8 inch adaptor throw that in please or if you dont 180 and i can come get them depending on where in melb you are

thanks josh
firstly they're sherms, there is no such thing as 8" adapters, just longer bolts and v-brake washers....

secondly these forks are sold....