VIC SOLD PENDING - 2016 Cotic BFe 275 Large - rigid fork

emerthis

Likes Dirt
Item: 2016 Cotic BFe 275 in Large
It's made from steel. It's designed to accommodate any fork from 100mm to 160mm - with geometry slackening off to suit.
Item Condition: Well-used. I've clocked up almost 10,000km on it in its various forms. No dings in the frame that I know of, the lurid matt green paint still pops, but it looks its age on closer inspection.
Reason for selling: I bought a Lynskey MT29 - completely different kind of bike but probably what I should have got in the first place. I've also now realised the Cotic was actually a size too small, even though it was the biggest size they made at the time (I'm almost 6'4" - the frame is a compact design made for hucking and chucking through the air, but I never did that with it - never had a fork bigger than 130mm on it, sadly).
Price and price conditions: Selling as a complete bike, looking for $800 here - most of that is for the frame, wheels and tyres
Extra Info:
Most of the good bits went to the Lynskey, so it's a bitsa...
Frame: 2016 Cotic BFe 275 steel frame in Large. Geometry and compatibility details are at the link: https://www.cotic.co.uk/product/BFe275
Headset: Hope
BB: SRAM BB30 threaded (not sure what spec)
Crankset: SRAM/Truvativ X9 180mm with WolfTooth 32T narrow-wide chainring (need to check the detail on chainring)
Post: Brand-X Descend 125mm dropper (internally routed via a hole in the seat tube) - VGC
Wheels: Hope Pro2 Evo hubs (black) 100mm front, 142mm rear, both running Hope 9mm QR adapters. Alex rims - front is true, rear needs a little truing - it's not bad
Tyres: Maxxis Assegai 2.5WT and Bontrager XR4 Team Issue 2.4, running tubeless - both VGC
Fork: Kona P2 CrMo rigid 29er (475mm axle-crown race), 9mm QR dropouts
Stem: Marin alloy 45mm x 3 degree rise (new)
Bar: Marin alloy 740mm x 15 degree sweep (new) - also have a 740mm ProTaper carbon bar (as pictured) that could go back on (not new)
Grips: Clarks locking (new)
Dropper lever: Brand-X under bar
Shift lever: XT M8000 11-speed (worn but works OK)
Derailleur: SLX Shadow 11-speed (VGC)
Cassette: SunRace 11-46T 11-speed (the cheap one, not much wear)
Brakes: Yes, barely - mechanical disc calipers branded as Radius (almost new), Tektro levers (new), 160mm rotors - one Shimano RT-66 and one Clarks.
Bottle cage: sure, just a cheap alloy one but it's new
Saddle: Specialized, white, alloy rails (pretty well used but straight and undamaged)
Pedals: VP flat alloy
Pictures:
More coming soon, when I have daylight on my side. Meanwhile, here is a low-res one from FB, around the last time I rode it, before it got cannibalised for parts.

Tell me whether I'm better off parting it out? I'd only really like to keep the rear mech and rear hub as spares - but thought I'm best off putting it up for sale as a usable bike, especially if it ends up on Marketplace. Anyone interested in the frame particularly?

Attachments

Last edited:

emerthis

Likes Dirt
Complete bike is sold pending. If the sale falls through (unlikely given we're on Rotorburn and not Marketplace), I will follow up with the others who expressed interest. There has been quite a bit of interest, your PMs should have been responded to.
Top work team =)