QLD SOLD Intense M3

i_s

Likes Bikes
Item: Intense M3 - Size Small
Item Condition: Used but pretty good.
Reason for selling: can’t justify keeping it. Was bought for sentimental reasons only.
Price and price conditions: Really not sure. $1000? $800. Refer below. Not sure the postie will be able to lift it so probs local pickup only.

Extra Info:
Marzocchi 888 forks. Dampers still work ok but will need service.
Fox DHX coil shock. Dampers still work ok but will need service
New nukeproof generator rear wheel. No-name front.
running 1x10 with new zee crankset. bits and pieces other drivetrain parts.
SLX and non-series Shimano brakes.
New intense bars and grips.
Pivot bearings seem ok to me. There is a bit of a scrape in the top tube area but otherwise all good.

I bought this as a frame and fork maybe 5years ago intending to build into complete bike and in that time it’s seen dirt once. I’m the second owner and it’s had a fair bit of dust collecting time before me. I was using this for rides with the kids to the shops, which it is very comfortable for.

I’m not super motivated to sell, but I’m interested to pass it on if there is someone keen out there. No idea what it’s worth so let me know if I’m off the mark by a long way.

Pictures: yep. Can provide more if req.

Last edited:

i_s

Likes Bikes
I’m not sure on the size as there are no labels. I assume it’s a large. I think that’s what the last owner told me but my memory is a bit hazy. I usually ride a ‘large’ size so I wouldn’t have bought anything smaller but I did buy it as a project frame.
I’ll see if I can track down a geometry chart from back in the day and take some measurements to confirm.

moorey

call me Mia
I’m not sure on the size as there are no labels. I assume it’s a large. I think that’s what the last owner told me but my memory is a bit hazy. I usually ride a ‘large’ size so I wouldn’t have bought anything smaller but I did buy it as a project frame.
I’ll see if I can track down a geometry chart from back in the day and take some measurements to confirm.
Bugger.
I would have killed Jesus-herself for one of these, back in the day.
My mate would still kill her for his son if this was small.

i_s

Likes Bikes
Yeah...remember this ~15 years old, so ‘large’ is more like today’s med at most. I’ll post some dims tomorrow.

i_s

Likes Bikes
Ok so questions about size...
Top tube: 530
Reach: 400 approx
Standover: 750
Wheelbase: 1125
Stack: 600 approx

I’ve compared to a few new bikes and by current stds this is approx a Small or even smaller than small.

I can’t find a geo chart for the original bike but I’m guessing it was originally a medium.

moorey

call me Mia
Ok so questions about size...
Top tube: 530
Reach: 400 approx
Standover: 750
Wheelbase: 1125
Stack: 600 approx

I’ve compared to a few new bikes and by current stds this is approx a Small or even smaller than small.

I can’t find a geo chart for the original bike but I’m guessing it was originally a medium.
I think old mate lurks here. I’ll send him the link.

Reactions: i_s

i_s

Likes Bikes
@i_s yours is a 2007 model, the original 2005/06 frame had a 73mm BB shell

Geo chart below....
Thanks for finding that. This one DOES have a 73 mm shell. Its difficult to match up the other dims in the chart exactly, depending on how you measure. Maybe Jeff got a bit wild during manufacturing.

Wheelbase is a close match to Small though.

Bump and price drop again. Now $800... and I don't really want to go lower.