ACT Sold Bird Aether 9 ML Raw

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Item: Bird Aether 9 ML Raw frame
Item Condition: Good condition few marks that I have taken pics of.
Reason for selling: Bought the same frame but in medium
Price and price conditions: $1600
Extra Info: This is an amazing bike but was just a touch big for what I wanted. I'm 175cm and this bike fit well but I wanted something a bit smaller and playful. This fits someone my size who likes a planted steady trail bike or someone bigger who wants a playful trail bike.

Comes with lifetime warranty, headset, seatpost clamp, through axle and bottom bracket.
Pictures: Yep, can get more if you want them.

PXL_20221102_201927803_copy_2419x1814.jpg

PXL_20221102_201934280_copy_1814x2419.jpg

PXL_20221102_201940005_copy_1814x2419.jpg

PXL_20221102_201947737_copy_2419x1814.jpg

PXL_20221102_201958629_copy_2721x3628.jpg

PXL_20221102_202006055_copy_2721x3628.jpg

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Nope, they sent me one special. Ben the head of customer happiness wanted me to be happy.
Just checked the website and Aus is listed but shipping is nearly $300US.

Great to hear they are looking after you. Head of Customer Happiness. Ha. :)

Litenbror

Eats Squid

Great to hear they are looking after you. Head of Customer Happiness. Ha. :)
Huh still weren't doing Aus 2 weeks ago and after the fiasco I had with DHL I thought they would never ship here again.

Also the great thing about being one of the owners of the company is you can make your own job title!

LPG

likes thicc birds
Pretty sure they opened it up specially for me to get an aeris 9 after emailing them and begging. :D Jump in if it's still open I guess!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Pretty sure they opened it up specially for me to get an aeris 9 after emailing them and begging. :D Jump in if it's still open I guess!
Did yours get stuck in Ohio for 10 days as well?
Also $400 AUD at customs, DHL never miss collecting customs duty's :rolleyes:

LPG

likes thicc birds
You will need a matching trail bike to complement it I think ;)

Did you go raw again or get the new purple?
I ended up going for the Blurple. I almost went Raw but I didn't want 2 raw bikes. Then I almost went black as I thought it would suit my raw Mezzer fork but I was swayed by that stunning Blurple colour at the last minute.

I ordered frame only. I think I'll end up putting the parts from my AM9 on the Aeris 9 (everything is compatible) and return my AM9 to closer to trail bike duty using the parts from my hardtail and the spare DVO Topaz. If someone wanted an AM9 in the same ML size we could organise a little "love triangle". The aether 9 would probably compliment the Aeris 9 better but I don't want to put myself out of pocket at the moment.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I ended up going for the Blurple. I almost went Raw but I didn't want 2 raw bikes. Then I almost went black as I thought it would suit my raw Mezzer fork but I was swayed by that stunning Blurple colour at the last minute.

I ordered frame only. I think I'll end up putting the parts from my AM9 on the Aeris 9 (everything is compatible) and return my AM9 to closer to trail bike duty using the parts from my hardtail and the spare DVO Topaz. If someone wanted an AM9 in the same ML size we could organise a little "love triangle". The aether 9 would probably compliment the Aeris 9 better but I don't want to put myself out of pocket at the moment.
Can't wait to see it the Blurple looks awesome.

Reactions: LPG

LPG

likes thicc birds

Basically take your pick of these 2. Both raw and ML

Aether 9 - https://www.bird.bike/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Aether-9-Technical-Data-Sheet-V1-1.pdf

Aeris Am9 - https://www.bird.bike/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Aeris-AM9-V3-Technical-Data-Sheet.pdf

Note that It is the V1 am9. If you go for the AM9 I'll look to sell or swap the DVO Topaz

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Oooooooh!

Sorry @Litenbror - I totally got your message and totally flaked on replying because I was waiting to hear back from bird.

I was checking out their site to get a bit more of an insight into your beast, and a hot special popped up that I just couldn't not look into. Turns out they have large aeris120s on special at the moment in a purty orange that'll clash spectacularly with my blue bolt ons and is exceptionally close in geometry and travel to the spider I love but need to replace. There's even 1 special linkage left in stock that will give me 130mm travel, exactly what I was after. I've been backing and forthing with them but they have been a little slow in responding and when I told them to go right ahead and tell me how to order I got radio silence.

Anyways, it seems one of us has prompted them to open the site up to Aussie buyers and I've been able to place my order. Apologies if I've strung you along a bit on this, if they came back to me with a no way I would have been all over yours so I didn't want to say no without a yes from them. I think the aeris is closer to what I want and pretty much the only things I should need to buy is a shock - over to lucaw

...holy shit, I just bought my first NEW bike in over a decade!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Oooooooh!

Sorry @Litenbror - I totally got your message and totally flaked on replying because I was waiting to hear back from bird.

I was checking out their site to get a bit more of an insight into your beast, and a hot special popped up that I just couldn't not look into. Turns out they have large aeris120s on special at the moment in a purty orange that'll clash spectacularly with my blue bolt ons and is exceptionally close in geometry and travel to the spider I love but need to replace. There's even 1 special linkage left in stock that will give me 130mm travel, exactly what I was after. I've been backing and forthing with them but they have been a little slow in responding and when I told them to go right ahead and tell me how to order I got radio silence.

Anyways, it seems one of us has prompted them to open the site up to Aussie buyers and I've been able to place my order. Apologies if I've strung you along a bit on this, if they came back to me with a no way I would have been all over yours so I didn't want to say no without a yes from them. I think the aeris is closer to what I want and pretty much the only things I should need to buy is a shock - over to lucaw

...holy shit, I just bought my first NEW bike in over a decade!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Absolutely no worries @Plankosaurus congrats on the new bike!

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much do they work out landed? I like the bikes but always thought they were a bit pricey buying direct and allowing for shipping and gst

Litenbror

Eats Squid
How much do they work out landed? I like the bikes but always thought they were a bit pricey buying direct and allowing for shipping and gst
With the dollar at the moment the Aether 9 is about $3100 without headset etc. Honestly I couldn't find a comparable aluminum frame that was even close to that price when I got mine. Looking now it's inline price wise with Kona and Norco but I think much nicer.

They are looking for an Australian distro @russthedog

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With the dollar at the moment the Aether 9 is about $3100 without headset etc. Honestly I couldn't find a comparable aluminum frame that was even close to that price when I got mine. Looking now it's inline price wise with Kona and Norco but I think much nicer.

They are looking for an Australian distro @russthedog
That's not bad actually... don't tempt me!!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Don’t forget transferable warranty as well…