QLD SOLD 2012 Scott Scale Expert 29er XL

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Item: 2012 Scott Scale Expert 29er Hardtail (XL)
Item Condition: Good / Very Good
Reason for selling: Gathering dust, and slightly too big for me
Price and price conditions: $880 neg. & not parting out.
Extra Info: Original specs can be found here - original list price was US$2600
Pictures: Yes see below (high res available on request)

XL size, Reba 100mm, XT/SLX 3 x 10, Elixir 5S, XR39 (DT Swiss) wheelset (QR/QR) with 29 x 2.1 Crossmarks

So I bought this tidy XC number as it's 3rd owner to replace a bike that got nicked from me last year that I was using as a commuter. I also hit the trails on it a few times too which was a blast. The bike is pretty much stock aside from the headset lower bearing and tires. It needed a little love when I bought it and I've done the following since:
- full service on Reba dual air fork with genuine Rockshox kit and fluids. The fork is in A1 condition internally, has no play in the bushings or stanchion damage. I also replaced the fork remote lockout cable - old one was fine, the outer just looked a bit crappy.
- replaced the bottom bracket (original one had a shagged NDS bearing).
- replaced the headset lower bearing - the original Ritchey cage bearing was fine, but I put a Ritchey cartridge and new cup in there anyway.
- rebuilt the rear hub - it's a DT Swiss Onyx and it's been fully overhauled including all new bearings (including needle roller), new pawl carrier, pawls, pawl spring and free hub.
- bled the brakes (Avid Elixir 5S) and new pads (Nukeproof). Rotors are about 1.8mm both ends.
- full strip down, clean and fresh grease throughout. Chain wear < 0.5%.

The bike's obviously been ridden, so there are the usual scuff marks on the chain stays and some minor gravel chips here and there. The seat has some damage on the rear right hand side (see photo), otherwise the bike is in pretty good shape aesthetically. Mechanically it's in mint condition after all the above maintenance and ready to roll. It's currently running tubes but the rims are taped for tubeless. Total weight is approximately 11.5kg.

Included with bike are:
- spare hanger
- original manuals (as given to me when I bought it)
- all the bits that I've replaced - some still serviceable, some are junk but I kept them to show prospective buyers what they've avoided

I also have a spare 10s XT cassette, 2 x extra Crossmarks and 2 spare HS-1 rotors (all with some use) which I'll throw in to the deal for another $50.

The main reason for selling is that it's a bit long for me (I'm 6'2") and I've realised I'm not an XC sort of dude. This bike would be ideally suited to a tall (over 6' if you shorten the stem) skinny XC purist as a trainer or backup bike - it's light, stupid fast and rolls forever. It would also be well suited to someone new to mtb looking looking for a quality bike in excellent working order to start out on.

Throwing it up on RB for a week or so before putting it up on Farcebook and dealing with the idiots. It's a genuinely good bike needing a good owner so you discerning folk get first dibs.

Attachments

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Sold pending.

Edit: yep, she's gone to a good home.

Last edited: