So my mates band needs your help.

jonot

Likes Dirt
Heya,

My mates band, Three Dirty Birds, has been chosen as a finalist in theNOVA 106.9 ROCK SCHOOL competition, and they need as many votes as they can get so they can win a cool $10,000!

So, you can vote as many times as you want for "Three Dirty Birds" (for some reason the site is saying "The Three Dirty", but you get the idea)

VOTE HERE: http://www.nova1069.com.au/onAir/NIGHT_RockSchool06.aspx

For those of you in Australia, I implore you to SMS "4" to 1998 1069.

Or just on the net, it's free.
Thank you so much for your support.

To hear their entry visit www.purevolume.com/threedirtybirds

and for all our other music, visit www.myspace.com/threedirtybirds

Thank-you for your time, They really do appreciate it. Any questions you have I am more than willing to answer.

Peace,

Last edited:

danv

Likes Dirt
Uhh sorry mate, i'm not voting for a band doing a cover that sounds exactly the same as the original, right down to the american accent... No hard feelings, you're obviously talented enough, but anyone can learn to play a cover. If someone's gonna win a band comp and get a leg up for their career, i'd rather it be because they have something to contribute to music ie. original music and original playing.

edit-
oooh, I actually listened to the whole song and there's actually some impressive solo work there. I like. But it still sounds a shitload like the original. Like I said before, I reckon you can play well, but most of what you got is coming from what Jack White.

Last edited:

jonot

Likes Dirt
timmyDH said:
on the nova site it says to text 4. They got 10 online votes from me. good luck.
Thanks mate, they've changed since i've posted :eek:
danv said:
Uhh sorry mate, i'm not voting for a band doing a cover that sounds exactly the same as the original, right down to the american accent... No hard feelings, you're obviously talented enough, but anyone can learn to play a cover. If someone's gonna win a band comp and get a leg up for their career, i'd rather it be because they have something to contribute to music ie. original music and original playing.

edit-
oooh, I actually listened to the whole song and there's actually some impressive solo work there. I like. But it still sounds a shitload like the original. Like I said before, I reckon you can play well, but most of what you got is coming from what Jack White.
Hhah yeah, part of the competition was to play a song from a list that Nova provided.

Thanks for listening to the originals too. :)

And thanks for the votes guys

And Josh, Moop would not pwn them .:p

danv

Likes Dirt
jonot said:
Hhah yeah, part of the competition was to play a song from a list that Nova provided.

Thanks for listening to the originals too. :)
Oh shit well there you go. Kinda a stupid comp then if you ask me. But good luck anyway. Save your real music for www.triplejunearthed.com

tu plang

knob
ugh churchie... someone asked me to vote for the band from terrace, looks like a good option all of a sudden

d_j1

Likes Dirt
tu plang said:
ugh churchie... someone asked me to vote for the band from terrace, looks like a good option all of a sudden
Or you could vote for the guys from Ashgrove "The View". Best choice out of the lot ;-). Sorry to hi-jack your thread btw.

Uncle Toby

Likes Bikes
My friends band won this competetion when it was held another time. They got 5 grand to spend on instruments. They were called jacks bean stalkin. They werent that good im sorry to say. I think they only won because everyone they know voted a few hundred times each.
Good luck to your friends.

Last edited: