So, I’ve come to the dark side. My 2021 Levo SL

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

Picked it up secondhand hand on Friday. :D

•FRAME: 2021 Specialized Levo SL - Large frame, 150mm travel.
•FORK: Upgraded - Ohlins RFX 36 m.2 COIL 160mm -
•REAR SHOCK: Upgrade - Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate 150mm
•BARS & STEM: Specialized Trail
•SEATPOST: X-Fusion Manic 170mm
•BRAKES: SRAMCode R
•REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
•SHIFTER: SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
•CHAIN: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
•CRANKSET: Praxis, forged M30, custom offset
•WHEELSET: Specialized Roval Traverse 29er
  • TYRES: Pirelli Scorpion Enduro Front & Rear 2.4 inch Tubeless
  • GRIPS: Ergon EWS

Stredda

Couple of 40 odd km rides in now. Decided I don’t like the standard Specialized seat, the grips feel a but too skinny and I think I need to swap out the springs in the fork as it’s a bit harsh .
Still good fun and had my ring hanging out keeping up with a couple of full fat Ebikes:p

Last edited:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Couple of 40 odd km rides in now. Decided I don’t like the standard Specialized seat, the grips feel a but too skinny and I think I need to swap out the springs in the fork as it’s a bit harsh .
Still good fun and had my ring hanging out keeping up with a couple of full fat Ebikes:pView attachment 387714
Keeping up with full fat ebikes is a workout isn’t it :D it’s a total role reversal riding with mates on normal bikes then mates with big ebikes.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The Levo SL has a lower capacity motor and battery to make it a nimbler bike compared to the regular Turbo Levo

35 vs 90Nm

Rated wattage is 240 vs 250

Peak wattage is 240 vs 570

17.2 vs 21.2 kg (same build spec comparison)

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Levo SL has a lower capacity motor and battery to make it a nimbler bike compared to the regular Turbo Levo

35 vs 90Nm

Rated wattage is 240 vs 250

Peak wattage is 240 vs 570

17.2 vs 21.2 kg (same build spec comparison)
Didnt realise the Nm was that much lower

Stredda

Is that even at full boost?
I was riding with a couple on Bafang powered ebikes with no restrictions and they were blasting up the climbs and I was full Turbo mode and going as hard as I could just to keep up. They are both not as fit as me and 10 years older but they still easily out paced me on the climbs.

Stredda

So I did my biggest ride so far on the SL.

Still impressed with the range I can get out of this thing.

90% single track, rode in eco most of the time, had it with no assistance on some flat or downhill sections but still used boost up a few steep pinches and trail up the solid climbing bits.
1681173933806.png

1681173911794.png

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I was riding with a couple on Bafang powered ebikes with no restrictions and they were blasting up the climbs and I was full Turbo mode and going as hard as I could just to keep up. They are both not as fit as me and 10 years older but they still easily out paced me on the climbs.
You mean Bafang powered motorbikes?

Unrestricted EMOTOS are completely illegitimate on public land and threaten everyone's access.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Unrestricted EMOTOS are completely illegitimate on public land and threaten everyone's access.
I got chatting with a guy who has one and it will hit 60km/h.

Seems irresponsible but I'm not their parent so can't reprimand him.

Stredda

Well, they are still pedelic Ebike, so not technically a motorbike and no different than anyone running anyother brand of Ebike that's. They weren't anything like a Stealth Bomber or any of those electric dirt bikes.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard

I got chatting with a guy who has one and it will hit 60km/h.

Seems irresponsible but I'm not their parent so can't reprimand him.
This shit will come back to hurt all of us when it starts to take off. Gets very difficult to draw the line when its hard to tell the difference between different classes of E, modified vs unmodified, throttle vs pedal etc. If trail access becomes an issue in places. no motors at all is hopefully where they draw the line rather than no bikes.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
This shit will come back to hurt all of us when it starts to take off. Gets very difficult to draw the line when its hard to tell the difference between different classes of E, modified vs unmodified, throttle vs pedal etc. If trail access becomes an issue in places. no motors at all is hopefully where they draw the line rather than no bikes.
It's a big issue in the states and has led to land managers shutting down access to all classes of pedalec (the USA has two) and it's being used as fuel to ramp up the pressure on shutting out all cyclists to some areas.

Like any activity the 1% of douche canoes will inevitably ruin it for everyone.

I'm not anti e-bike by any means (I wrote a bunch of internal docs back in 2017 to ensure that rangers understood their definition as a bicycle under the SA road traffic act and therefore NPWS regs) but am very anti those who will exploit the system for their own fun at the detriment of others

Stredda

I don't think a chipped bike it that big an issue. An electric dirt bike, yes and you can easily tell the difference. Things will have to change as these things are coming and there just needs to be education to show landholders that your normal class 1 Ebikes don't do any more damage to the trails than normal bikes.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's a big issue in the states and has led to land managers shutting down access to all classes of pedalec (the USA has two) and it's being used as fuel to ramp up the pressure on shutting out all cyclists to some areas.

Like any activity the 1% of douche canoes will inevitably ruin it for everyone.

I'm not anti e-bike by any means (I wrote a bunch of internal docs back in 2017 to ensure that rangers understood their definition as a bicycle under the SA road traffic act and therefore NPWS regs) but am very anti those who will exploit the system for their own fun at the detriment of others
Those Surron type bikes are a big problem in Brisbane already, they hide on local MTB pages and when someone is caught they come out to defend them.

1681183213645.png

Stredda

Those Surron type bikes are a big problem in Brisbane already, they hide on local MTB pages and when someone is caught they come out to defend them.

View attachment 398644
Haven't seen any on the trails here in Tassie, although I have seen them around the streets in town.
We get the same with normal dirt bikes, someone calls out a dirt bike rider on an MTB page, riding on an MTB trail, and all of a sudden you get these people popping up whining about having nowhere to ride because the mountain bikes "took over everything" who have been obviously just hiding out on the page for this opportunity.
Those Surron bikes are just the next evolution to the Chinese pit bikes as it gives the bogans an affordable entry onto motorised two wheels and they either can't be arsed or can't afford to cart them to where they can legally ride them so just ride them through the suburbs, parks and out into walking and MTB trails.