Snakes

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Red belly blacks are venomous to humans, but most people survive their bite. I'm thinking eat son, eat. ::D.
Although venomous, Red-bellies are not considered dangerous to humans. The venom is relatively low toxicity as far as we're concerned, plus they're typically pretty docile in temperament, so aren't prone to having a chomp. You can get pretty crook if bitten, but there have not been any deaths positively attributed to a red-belly bite. :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Although venomous, Red-bellies are not considered dangerous to humans. The venom is relatively low toxicity as far as we're concerned, plus they're typically pretty docile in temperament, so aren't prone to having a chomp. You can get pretty crook if bitten, but there have not been any deaths positively attributed to a red-belly bite. :)
The only time I've ever had a snake go for me was a RBB. It swiped at me and missed me by about 200-300mm... which is a fair miss but was close enough for me to buy a SPOT GPS Tracker... only ran it for a year or two then chilled.

Loads of brownies around here and I usually see plenty, been a bit sparse between sightings this year but I did slow down for one tonight on a gravel path.

Flow-Rider

Burner
My grandmother used to say stomp your feet, sing and whistle when you go through snake territory, looks like she was right.

Tread softly, a long-standing myth about snakes was just busted
The University of Queensland-led study, published today, found snakes can hear and react to airborne sound, as well as ground vibrations.
"Because snakes don't have external ears, people typically think they're deaf and can only feel vibrations through the ground and into their bodies," Zdenek said. "But our research - the first of its kind using non-anesthetised, freely moving snakes - found they do react to soundwaves travelling through the air, and possibly human voices."

"Only the woman python tended to move toward sound, while taipans, brown snakes and especially death adders were all more likely to move away from it. "The types of behavioural reactions also differed, with taipans, in particular, more likely to exhibit defensive and cautious responses to sound."

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My grandmother used to say stomp your feet, sing and whistle when you go through snake territory, looks like she was right.

The University of Queensland-led study, published today, found snakes can hear and react to airborne sound, as well as ground vibrations.
"Because snakes don't have external ears, people typically think they're deaf and can only feel vibrations through the ground and into their bodies," Zdenek said. "But our research - the first of its kind using non-anesthetised, freely moving snakes - found they do react to soundwaves travelling through the air, and possibly human voices."

"Only the woman python tended to move toward sound, while taipans, brown snakes and especially death adders were all more likely to move away from it. "The types of behavioural reactions also differed, with taipans, in particular, more likely to exhibit defensive and cautious responses to sound."
Adding a fully-sik sound system to my bike now....

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

This must be why some people put Bluetooth speakers on their bikes and blare rap music?