Private Property Slopestyle/shortcourse downhill/freeride track - Brisbane Southside [NEW PICS - 23/5]

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
Thought I would share a few pictures of an awesome private slopestyle/shortcourse downhill/freeride track currently under construction on the southside of Brisbane. I would say the track is less than a third of the way done at present and already contains some sweet stuff.

Track starts with a 6ft height by 6ft gap drop from wooden ramp

...into the first of many big berms

...into a nice little hip jump

....into a couple of other big berms [no pics]...into the first double

(originally)

(has had some kick, bigger gap and longer, smoother transition added to it now)

...into a f-ck off big double (with speed check jump before it)

(the best spot for photos)

...which has now been bulldozed as the decision was made it impacted track flow and we wanted the track to go in a different physical direction...

...replaced with a switchback berm section (pics taken before recent rain and they had had the chance to be packed down)

With a couple of flood lights it also makes for great night sessions (about the only option in summer with the heat and humidity!)

At this stage the plan is another two switchback berms with a kicker into a step down hip jump out of the last which will then lead into a series of 3 big rhythmic doubles. Fun times ahead....

Updates will of course be posted as they happen...

Cheers.

Disclaimer: It isn't my property so please don't bother with the 'where is it?', 'can I come ride it?' and 'do you need help to build?' replies.

Last edited:

Harry14

Likes Dirt
mate really liken the track you got a great setup may i ask how long it has taken to create
some great pictures to lovin the idea with the loader.
Harry

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
There has probably only been about 4 or 5 days of building and those days had plenty of riding thrown in as well! Having a back-hoe makes things just a little easier :D

GEOFF DOOM

Likes Dirt
you Guys are definately about to have the most fun ever i rekon. that track looks like it has infinite possibilities.
have a wicked time! . . . not riding but making evryone jellous. . :p

I expect more pics later on.

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

The track has had a little work done since last update but the biggest hinderence has been the rain we keep getting. Just as something shapes up nicely it will piss down for the next 2 days and require a whole bunch work to be put back in the next week to get it mint again!

Some pics...

The berm section has had the 3rd berm added and the first two are shaping up to be works of art. Some serious G's are being pulled out of the second berm with a couple of instances of riders shooting out so fast they are basically jumping straight over the third berm! A little bit of work is needed on this 3rd berm.

After the 3rd berm a slightly hipped step down is planned. Only the dirt is in place at the moment (waiting til it's not mud!) but you can kind of make it out in the below photo. The lip (on the right) will be built up higher and the tranny (on the left) pulled out flatter and longer. To hit this well after the 3 berms will be an awesome challenge.

The first double has been shaped again - feeling even more amazing than ever although I fear the rain might have wrecked our hard work yet again - time for a mix in of some cement next time we pack it I think!

More pics should be on their way soon... pending some nice weather this weekend the step down should be good to go. There is also talk of setting up a cable cam to film the whole track so far - something to look out for in the near future.

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
A bit of a working bee was held this afternoon with exciting results - 4 new jumps on the track ready to hit. Amazing what an hour on a backhoe plus 3 guys digging for an hour or two can achieve!

The hip jump shown in my previous post is ready to go (sorry no pics - was too dark by this stage)

The focus seems to have been on alternate lines lately - think the end section of Kranked 8 ;)

Here is the first hip section (action pic in first post). It is a little hard to see. The hip on the right lands on the berm/tranny you can just see to the right. On the left there is another line pumping through which now has a small kicker added which will be used to jump into the far berm you can see on the left.

A pretty big step down double has appeared at the end of what we have done so far. The pics don't show it well (and it hasn't been sculpted yet in the pics - only by backhoe) but it is about a 7m gap.

Looking from on the tranny uphill to the back of the kicker

Looking downhill from the kicker (you can just see the top of the tranny on the left)

This one is especially crazy - a kicker has been added as an alternate line onto the same tranny the first wooden drop is using - check the first post for an idea of the scale of this section. It is a poor photo and doesn't quite convey how awesome it is - especially considering how relatively narrow it is with trees etc. This one is going to be sick.

Hopefully after the weekend I will be able to post some actual riding photos or even better...video.

Stay tuned.

MARKEEE

Squid
so much fun, favourite thing is rolling the track no pedalling and pumping so you can still make the jumps.

On that second berm Chris rolled his rear tyre off his rim he g'd out so hard lol, its pretty much vert so you can get your bike like dead flat aye its so cool

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
New photos from a sesh held this arvo.

The second big double is all systems go;

..except it doesn't always go to plan...

End of the second berm - the third berm - and the new hip jump in the distance

The second berm in the berm section is a place of serious Gs

Mid air on the first hip jump

scott_bigfoot

Likes Bikes
man that bottom double looks cool.. looks lik some big air time is there for the taking. would be a good jump for an awesome night seesion under flood lights by the looks of it.....

_Ajax_

Likes Dirt
That track is looking great, nice and well built. I like the jumps and the big switch backs. Good work.