Skin soreness

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Try and get a loan saddle, they will try and talk you into buying one with a 30 day no questions asked return - for credit off another style (as long as there's no damage)

Also if you do buy one, make sure its a Comp... not a Pro or S-Works as 'we dont have them in stock'. The price jumps up massively with each step and all you get it a lighter weight with Ti/Carbon rails and sometimes less padding.
Good tips, I quote like the look of the Power saddle

There's little chance of trying any other saddle like a WTB Silverado or Scoop Fabric Radius.

HamboCairns

I GooGled and found a video on how to measure my sit bones, going to do that tonight and see if I can figure if it's me or my saddle that's hurting me.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I GooGled and found a video on how to measure my sit bones, going to do that tonight and see if I can figure if it's me or my saddle that's hurting me.
A human laying an egg springs to mind.

Set up a GoPro so we can also enjoy that footage later :p

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Na, as suggested above, get on this:

April fools day. Aptly named to give advice on gooch pain.

Dubbed the Anatomical Universal Saddle Selector, the App is the brainchild of former Specialized and Bontrager brand directors, Jackson Taint and Mark Gütsch. As heads of Body Geometry and BioDynamics at Specialized and Bontrager respectively, Taint and Gütsch are jointly credited with bringing bike fit technologies ‘to the masses’ during the early 2000s.

HamboCairns

Saddle width is only one part of the solution, finding the right curvature both laterally and longitudinally is another pair of missions. I've had three different saddles from one manufacturer, one road, two MTB, all nominally the same width but all very different. The road model and one of the MTB models work really well for my bum, but the other one is a godawful plank of a thing.

How you sit on the thing is a very important consideration.
Good point, I find that the pain is less when I force myself to sit more upright.

The issue is something I've had my whole life, psoriasis. I just wondered if there's a way to reduce the pressure on those rearward creases.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Diggin it up....
This thread seems to be a lot about saddles...

Since SQLab ditched their distro model and I'm now struggling to find the one I liked... I've gone down the rabbit hole of these new 3D printed saddles...

Anyone splashed >$500 on a Specialized Mirror Power?
Anyone taken a chance on the multitude of Ali Copies?