Sizing: SC vs Banshee

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
So, it's starting to get to the point where I'm thinking more seriously about the next bike and the Spitfire has caught my eye. I'm coming from a SC Blur TRc in large, which to be honest, feels a bit tight these days.

Based on the fact the Blur feels a bit small, I was thinking I'd bump it up to an XL this time, but from what I read the 2017 & later spitfires run a bit larger? Reach measurements seem to support this, with the Blur at 426mm for a large vs. the spitfires 455mm, but the ETT length is about the same (609mm vs 615mm)?

The goal would be to move most of the gear over from the Blur, 26" wheels & all. So 50mm stem, 800mm bars & a 120/150mm Pike would be the set-up.

So any 187cm or so riders out there who've tried a Spitfire & have any experience on the sizing? Or does anyone know where I could throw a leg over one around Brisbane?

sutts

Likes Bikes
I'm around 186cms but don't ask me inseam etc because ive got no idea. Just kind of average proportions.

Picked up a 2018 XL Spitty late last year, running a 40mm stem and 780mm bars and feels like a great fit.
I was coming off a 2014 L Stumpy that felt pretty cramped, the extra room is definitely a good thing

Not very technical or scientific sorry mate, but im real happy with the change.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a large nomad 2014 and an xl rune. Was on a large rune for quite a while. The xl is a much better fit for me. I run a 35mm stem, 150 dropper And am 6'1. The nomad feels tiny in comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Not very technical or scientific sorry mate, but im real happy with the change.
Haha, given this is the first time I've actually gotten my act together to investigate sizing somewhat, I think 'not very technical' is a pretty good place to start. Cheers for the info.