Site access issues recently

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah he is. That button that now says "what's new" used to say "New Posts". I think the button still does the exact same thing but now just has a different name. So those of us that, like me, used to just hit the New Posts button when browsing should now continue hitting that same button regardless of what it has written on it. If you switch to hitting new posts where it sits now you'll get a different response than you used to when hitting new posts when it was the button.

and I think I'm just repeating what others have already said now so at this point I might just shut up!

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
In case anyone is wondering about the small outages this morning I've just been playing with some server settings in a bid to get some more performance. Routing everything through cloudflare is good for a few things, but performance doesn't seem to be one of them.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Not sure if it's a related issue or not, but visiting the forums would mark all new posts as 'read' after the session, such that when i returned a few hours later, there would only be bold, new posts for those posted in the last few hours. Now, unless i physically tick 'mark all posts as read' new posts aren't marked as red regardless of how many times I visit the site

Has some setting perhaps reset itself in the upgrade process?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I was starting to think it was me. Two shared links, two outages over separate weekends.

Wasn't me this time

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Same here, I got home around 6pm and the site was off, still off around 11pm. Similar outage (but shorter duration) last weekend IIRC...

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Same here, I got home around 6pm and the site was off, still off around 11pm. Similar outage (but shorter duration) last weekend IIRC...
I had the same issues as well, but pretty sure the site was down for longer last night.

Minlak

custom titis
Are we getting any kind of rebate on our subscriptions? With these outages I don’t think it’s fair we pay full price and don’t get the service.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This is painfully on topic while I deal with a bunch of humidity affected equipment at work. So frustrating people think equipment warranty should cover exposure to >90% RH.

Look closely at that picture, ups Fan is still running and churning up the the water. Now that’s cool. (Btw that’s a random google image search result, not my picture)