Site access issues recently

stirk

Burner
Had a guy yonks ago who posted random stuff and deleted some stuff then had a super cry at me on the forum after he mouthed off and I called him a sook. He then presented a letter (forged and fake after my friends at the FBI lab checked it) saying he was taking me to court because I called him a sook. He said in his country that name is super offensive, I was racist, I was a bigot, I was making him sad etc etc. I looked up some budget airfares for the wanker and suggested he pop back to his country where people aren't so mean on free-to-use mountain bike forums. I even offered him some of my Frequent Flyer points in attempt to sound like I gave 0.1 of a shit. I didn't. Anyway, point is; it's just a forum to talk bikes and have some fun. When things get heated or out of hand or emotional, I've told our boys that the best course of action is usually to sinbin someone and let it settle down. Sometimes the member involved gets a bit upset and wants some answers but in instances like this, it's a general thing that isn't worth putting tons of effort into for no gain.
If you see fit to trawl through a heap of your posts and delete some stuff then that puts a red flag up to us and we'll probably stop the bleeding by giving you a spell.
I don't know what more to say from the admin side, we aren't interested in complicating this thing. There isn't a golden rule book of what to do and what not to do on the forum but it is at the discretion of whichever staff member gets to it first.

To contradict my post entirely; why were you deleting your posts? We'll talk this over when we get together for donuts at smoko at our daily meeting we have. ;)
Agree with you I do.

Deleting posts is bullshit and claiming it's intellectual property is absurd.

People need to own what they say and deal with the fallout if there is any by showing integrity and providing counter argument if they think it's required.

Look at all the people posting crap in Twitter and then deleting it when there is fall out, bloody sooks the lot of em. Post something online and stand by it.

Unless it's another moorey arse crack photo, those can be deleted....

Z

Zaf

To contradict my post entirely; why were you deleting your posts?
Shouldn't you have asked that before the ban?
Keeping it uncomplicated, I have an issue with the zeitgeist of the site, and I no longer felt comfortable having my content published on it. I'm more than happy to have my account shut down and removed, as long as it comes with the removal of all my posts with it.
Which is what I had asked for previously and privately, had anyone bothered to follow up on it at the time.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Shouldn't you have asked that before the ban?
Keeping it uncomplicated, I have an issue with the zeitgeist of the site, and I no longer felt comfortable having my content published on it. I'm more than happy to have my account shut down and removed, as long as it comes with the removal of all my posts with it.
Which is what I had asked for previously and privately, had anyone bothered to follow up on it at the time.
It's entirely your choice if you want to be removed, the posts that remain will appear under the username "deleted user" so it won't be aligned to you at all except for quoted replies where people have mentioned your username. It's shit you don't like the vibe of the site, I can delete your account if you like but by all means we're more than happy for you to stay and join in any banter you choose. ;)

For what it's worth; I've always promoted the philosophy that how you act on the forum (social media etc) is how you'd act in person if you were chatting to that person. If you're talking tough on a forum, be prepared to be that guy in person if the time arises. And it does, I've had altercations with people on here who've gone to water when put on the spot in person (by their choice, not mine). I've also made thousands of mates from this forum and still see many of those folks. Be yourself folks, people like you more than they like the alter-ego you. ;)

moorey

call me Mia
It's entirely your choice if you want to be removed, the posts that remain will appear under the username "deleted user" so it won't be aligned to you at all except for quoted replies where people have mentioned your username. It's shit you don't like the vibe of the site, I can delete your account if you like but by all means we're more than happy for you to stay and join in any banter you choose. ;)

For what it's worth; I've always promoted the philosophy that how you act on the forum (social media etc) is how you'd act in person if you were chatting to that person. If you're talking tough on a forum, be prepared to be that guy in person if the time arises. And it does, I've had altercations with people on here who've gone to water when put on the spot in person (by their choice, not mine). I've also made thousands of mates from this forum and still see many of those folks. Be yourself folks, people like you more than they like the alter-ego you. ;)
In defence of loud mouthed jerks everywhere, we tend to be small. Of course we will pull our heads in when we confront you in person, and realise you're 7 foot and 120kg.
Actual pic of me.

Z

Zaf

That deletion sounds fine. Do you need anything more than this post to proceed with that process?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Just wait til @zaf runs for prime minister of Australia! They'll come looking for the dirt.

I'm not sure the deletion of account has had the stated impact @Dozer...he still appears, but as a guest.
Poodle, as they offical public relations manager for rotorburn, when commercial tv comes knocking, wanting to know what happened here, in the run up to Zaf’s candidacy, poodle please use this guy as motivation.