sickening crash tour of poland

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
dylan groenewagen seems to have clearly moved off his line to push fabio jacobsen into the barriers to avoid getting passed, jacobsen is very seriously hurt in hospital, warning footage is disturbing tour of poland crash, problem is the sprinters have been doing this stuff for years,

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Absolutely messed up (not something I should have watched over breakfast). Hopefully Fabio can pull through.
You have to assume the UCI is going to start really cracking down on this

creaky

XMAS Plumper
1.5m social distancing between sprinters?

They should really have the last 200m of a sprint as a wide area with lines drawn down the sides that a rider is disqualified for crossing. The barricades for crowds could then be a further 5/10 metres back from the line. At least you don't hit a vertical structure if you get squeezed then.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Most of the time they relegate the sprinter 1 place, even Robbie McEwen didn't get outed for headbutting in the sprint, they were both leaning on each other, he couldn't take a hand off to punch the guy so headbutted, the only weapon avail to him at the time

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That was a really ugly crash. Let's hope he recovers soon.

Those adenaline fueled finish line sprints always have a high risk of a crazy crash.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most of the time they relegate the sprinter 1 place, even Robbie McEwen didn't get outed for headbutting in the sprint, they were both leaning on each other, he couldn't take a hand off to punch the guy so headbutted, the only weapon avail to him at the time
Normally I'd agree but at some stage they are going to have to increase safety/consequence and this seems like it is serious to use as the justification to do it

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

Wow, that was a fucking cunt act, even by pro cycling standards. Charge the guy with GBH, that's not just a 'racing incident', Groenewegen drove him into the barriers.
Fabio Jacobsen is in a COMA.

Last edited:

gippyz

Likes Dirt
80kph....gosh that's very high speed crash. Gosh that caused the others to kiss the tarmac as well - there were 2 that were wiped out by the barrier. This guy need to be banned forever.

ForkinGreat

80kph....gosh that's very high speed crash. Gosh that caused the others to kiss the tarmac as well - there were 2 that were wiped out by the barrier. This guy need to be banned forever.
Many have called for that on JumboVisma's FB page
and Dylan Groenewegen's Instagram.

ForkinGreat

Whats he supposed to do? Let the better man win?
pretty much. :) yes, I see what you did there.

The essential rule, if there is such a thing in the pro rider community, is .... Try not to be a cunt.

Clearly, groenewegen was being a cunt in this instance.

I did post on groenewegen's instagram, calling him a cunt, they must have deleted that post. plenty of angry ones left there, and on FB.

Fabio is out of the coma, but he'll be eating meals through a straw for a while, by the sound of it.

Last edited:

Binaural

Eats Squid
Fucking hell, that is a nasty crash. Those sprint finishes are begging for trouble, people at their redline aren't always going to make good decisions.