Should I buy this?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
You end up buying anything yet @Asininedrivel ?

Not strict roadie but this is decent buying for something that’d be pretty versatile with some 32c tyres on

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/746310403214183/
Thanks, that looks good. Would be a smidge too small though (I'd want a 60cm in a Trek). But sure would be versatile.

Haven't bought anything yet - realised I really do need to sell another bike to make space for a new one and justification for that is not high. Took the single speed out for a big ride on the weekend ostensibly to find a reason to get rid of it. I failed :)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Took the single speed out for a big ride on the weekend ostensibly to find a reason to get rid of it. I failed :)
I still havent sold my Trance following the Orange purchase... Will be easier to sell my 2015 Defy when I eventually get a new one (waiting on Shimano releasing the 105 mechanical/disc 12 speed group...)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I still havent sold my Trance following the Orange purchase... Will be easier to sell my 2015 Defy when I eventually get a new one (waiting on Shimano releasing the 105 mechanical/disc 12 speed group...)
Yeah, keep it - turn it into a more all day ride capable steed (if it isn't already) and the Orange can become the heavy hitter / trips away bike.

What's so special about the new 12 speed? I could hambo it but that's not in the spirit of this thread...

Haakon

Yeah, keep it - turn it into a more all day ride capable steed (if it isn't already) and the Orange can become the heavy hitter / trips away bike.

What's so special about the new 12 speed? I could hambo it but that's not in the spirit of this thread...
Servowave on the brake levers mostly.

Haakon

So, poorer modulation while riding on tyres with a tiny contact patch and limited traction. Sounds great!
They’re doing it for better pad retraction to shut up the last of the whinging roadies… I don’t mind servo wave though.