Shorts - The struggle is real

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone here wear these? They migh fit the bill.

Very much put off by the name. I can’t grow a mustache.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Anyone here wear these? They migh fit the bill.

While they don't tick all my boxes, they do look alright. Must investigate further.

@moorey I checked out the Alpinestars Drop 4 and Alps 8 this morning... Both garbage in terms of features.
The Drop 4 has large, gaping mesh pockets... Absolute SHIT idea for riding shorts.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
I rate the ground effect, which is one half of my regular use set. They're comfy, well made and pass as casual (at least for my low bar of getting dressed). The zips are well disguised, but the extra pockets and vents give them away as riding shorts.

The others I like to wear are Nukeproof Blacklines (https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/nukeproof-blackline-shorts-np-ss18/rp-prod166815). They're basic without a million zips, so look pretty standard, and comfy as hell. The build quality is good, although possibly not quite up there with the ground effects? The only issue I've had in several years of use is one of the top buttons coming off. No real issue, and quite possibly my fault as it's supposed to be zip first all the way to the top and then button over. I did it the other way around until the button fell off and I realised my error.

2 1/2 years of heavy use and they're still going strong. Would buy again.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've a couple of pairs of Sugoi Evo X.
Good front and lower left pocket. They're nice and long, decent fit and they're adjustable too.

I find them to ventilate well and they're quick drying too. Not the heaviest material though so you might find they wear quicker than others you've considered.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Evening Gents (mostly),

I've been using a few pairs of Endura Hummvee shorts for the last 8 years or so.

Between riding, hiking, work use and casual use they've held up well aside from a pocket hole or two and a munted zip... until last week when one split right up the ass after crouching down...

Now I'm noticing the others are expecting a similar fate in the not too distant future.

I'm in the market for baggy-ish shorts that sit below the knee, but the current trend seems to be (at least from images I see), largely above the knee shorts.

This is no-no territory for me.

So! I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for black shorts, primarily for bike use obviously but with casual functionality. I'm also 6'3 and not all manufacturers cater for a height increase with larger waist widths.

I bought some Loose Riders Sessions shorts recently... Their size chart sucks so I took a gamble but they're too fitted and short for my liking (size 36 if anyone wants to buy them, haha).

Most other shorts I find are either too much or too little in the design and functionality, or don't list length in the size charts. I considered the Hummvee 2 shorts, but they don't really don't tickle my pickle.

What are people rocking these days that might align my wenis with the stars?
Unfortunately we only have grey or blue or may have been able to help you out. But if you're flexible on colours shoot me a PM.

Saxon is 6 foot 5 inches and the shorts come to just on his knee standing

iconic

Likes Dirt
Bumping this up, I'm looking for a pair of shorts that are above or close to above the knees. I'm currently wearing a large pair of rocday shorts - I'm a bit fat for 170cm :) I also wear bib shorts underneath..

Would the ground effect dobies be the way to go?

Cheers!

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I like a semi shortish cut on my bike/casual shorts. I hate shorts that hang down below my knee... and the Dharco shorts are particularly long.

Bought a pair of them in Derby this year and never wore them as I hated the length.

Took them down to a local alteration place with a pin in place at 7cm shorter.

So 7 cm off the leg length makes them now wearable and a great job done by the alteration lady :)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I like a semi shortish cut on my bike/casual shorts. I hate shorts that hang down below my knee... and the Dharco shorts are particularly long.

Bought a pair of them in Derby this year and never wore them as I hated the length.

Took them down to a local alteration place with a pin in place at 7cm shorter.

So 7 cm off the leg length makes them now wearable and a great job done by the alteration lady :)

View attachment 389401
The Kappa

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Since seeing the showcase of very fine looking shorts here.

I thought it was time to go ghetto and roll out my much beaten Aldi shorts that I haven't been able to kill just yet.
20220514_182750.jpg
20220514_182902.jpg