Shipping costs and method for frame

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
Hi all,
Anyone had recent experience shipping a frame only interstate and can share approx cost?
Also what (aside I from the local collection aspect) is the advantage of a courier vs Auspost, as I understand the latter is cheaper? I assume it would be slower with AusPost, any other down side?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Pack & Send from Bunbury WA to Belair SA for my Cotic BFE frame was only $56.

They let me down twice with picking the item up so the seller took it to the P&S depot.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I sent a frame (carbon and overly-packaged in a pretty big box) Canberra to regional Vic, with decent insurance was ~200...

I reckon I triggered some kind of size or weight threshold.

moorey

call me Mia
If it’s a dualie, and one that you can fold up on itself and pack in an irregular shaped box, as little as $25-40 through AusPost if the calculate by weight.
Hit and miss process that is very dependent on your PO.

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
Hmmm thanks all. It’s a steel hardtail, frame only so I’m thinking it can get down reasonable small in terms of overall package size and weight…

iconic

Likes Dirt
Could bubble wrap the whole frame and put something between the rear dropouts (I use PVC pipe) then send through Australia Post who usually then charge by weight - is a time consuming process to wrap and unwrap but saves a bit

Sent from my RMX2111 using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I did Sendle with a HT frame, fork and a few bits, jammed it into their max box size and it cost $54.20 Canberra to WA. If you can fit in their max box size within a few cm (mine was several cm shorter one side, and a few cm longer one side and it didn't get pinged) it's the cheapest by far but can take a little while to arrive.