Shimano tri-wing screws

mxh

Likes Dirt
My XT Di2 derailleur is not shifting so I'd like to strip it down to have a look and see if there's anything I can repair. It's a longshot, as it's probably a circuit board or something unserviceable, but no harm in looking.

However, I can't get in as it uses tri-wing heads on the screws for the cover. I've tried with torx, flat head and anything else I can find, but they're pretty small and seem quite tight, so have had no luck.

Does anyone know where you can get a screwdriver to fit? Any tri-wings advertised look a bit too big. I'm surprised that Park don't make one - maybe Shimano told them not to?

teK--

Eats Squid
My XT Di2 derailleur is not shifting so I'd like to strip it down to have a look and see if there's anything I can repair. It's a longshot, as it's probably a circuit board or something unserviceable, but no harm in looking.

However, I can't get in as it uses tri-wing heads on the screws for the cover. I've tried with torx, flat head and anything else I can find, but they're pretty small and seem quite tight, so have had no luck.

Does anyone know where you can get a screwdriver to fit? Any tri-wings advertised look a bit too big. I'm surprised that Park don't make one - maybe Shimano told them not to?
Go to Bunnings buy one of those 100 screwdriver bit sets.

mxh

Likes Dirt
Go to Bunnings buy one of those 100 screwdriver bit sets.
I don't think they're small enough - I've got some similar sets (although not with the tri wing) and none of the torx, flat head etc bits are small enough to fit, so don't think the tri wings would be either.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

Have a look and check this:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Something like this

Got a set of 3 off eBay as mobile phone or electronic tri trip screwdrivers for a few dollars.