Shimano Saint or SRAM DH X01??

Rizzloe.Jones

Cannon Fodder
Needing to buy a shift setup for a DH bike and was hoping that some
more experienced people than myself could point me in the right direction :)
Shimano Saint or SRAM DH X01 shift setup? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Needing to buy a shift setup for a DH bike and was hoping that some
more experienced people than myself could point me in the right direction :)
Shimano Saint or SRAM DH X01 shift setup? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Got a budget?
Im a sram guy myself, and would get the X01 DH over the saint any day. But not everybody can afford that.
Im running X0 with a seven speed conversion for a cheaper option. You can buy the cassette conversion off tisprings.com

Rizzloe.Jones

Cannon Fodder
Got a budget?
Im a sram guy myself, and would get the X01 DH over the saint any day. But not everybody can afford that.
Im running X0 with a seven speed conversion for a cheaper option. You can buy the cassette conversion off tisprings.com
No budget really mate, just after the best bit of kit. How does the 7 speed go over the 10 speed?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No budget really mate, just after the best bit of kit. How does the 7 speed go over the 10 speed?
Best bit of kit i find is the X01 dh.
Through working in a bike shop, i have ridden XX1, X01, X01DH, XTR, Saint and a lot of other top end drivetrains. And i honestly much rather the feel of the Sram side of things more. The X01 Dh is an amazing bit of equipment that i find just works the best out of DH drivetrains.

now with the 7 speed. On a dh run, you'd rarely use the higher tooth rings due to speeds etc. So why not dump em instead? It keeps your rather expensive mech away from the spokes, and also saves weight if you are a weight weenie.

If you are to go with the 7 speed, make sure that you are able to fit the right driver body to your hubs so that the casette will fit :)

ChopSticks

Banned
yes DH x01 is a nice bit of kit.... but pure money making from sram.
the 7spd used a 11spd cassette spacing.... which means you require a 11spd chain. its also requires a specific 7spd shifter.

save your pennies and just run a 10spd short cage clutched set up with however many gears you want locked out.