Shimano Hose Compatibility Saint/M520 Caliper

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Gripo

Eats Squid
Check the hose you have is BH90 though.

I've not tried one of these yet

Edit: don't necessarily get the one linked. Check the seller's feedback rating first!
The MT520 hose is a SMBH90 “SS” and the Saint is “SBLS”…..

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
BH59 is the other hose Shimano use, but that's for their older old models.

Both mt520 and saint should have BH90 hose.

Mt520 "SS" denotes straight-straight (lever and caliper hose joins will look the same)
Saint "SB" denotes straight-banjo (lever has straight hose join, caliper has banjo join)

Hope that helps!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Further to what Labcanary said, the compression nut of the SS hose is a bigger diameter than the bolt that goes through the banjo fitting. They simply are not compatible.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tape Saint hose to M520 hose, pull backwards through frame and fit the olives off at the lever end?
Also, you are missing out on gold blingy banjo's by not using the M820 lines. Surely the crazy prices for M820 brakes mean that it's actual gold, not just anodizing.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Wot they said, you need to change the hose or check out those adaptor thingies 'cos the straight connection for the 520 won't fit the Saint caliper.

I believe the Saint hose uses a longer banjo fitting than that on the XTR/XT/SLX version (hence the extra couple of letters on the model code), due to being a heavier-duty brake, but the standard BH90SB will still fit.

When changing internal hoses, I run a gear cable down the guts of the old hose, pull the old hose out, making sure the mousing cable follows, then reverse to feed the new hose up. The mousing cable will guide the hose up & out and stop it twisting around other things in there.