Shed workbench designs

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Staple plastic or buy some thin cheap sheeting and put a roof in there. Corflute would be ideal if the spans work.

The fibreglass insulation will drop a layer of fibre dust over your tools and shit.

Yeah, that did occur to me - but good idea on the solution, cheers :) Might do that while I'm teetering up on the ladder putting the heating ductwork in...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yeah, that did occur to me - but good idea on the solution, cheers :) Might do that while I'm teetering up on the ladder putting the heating ductwork in...
Nice new looking adjusty ladder... mine is so old an half f~cked, I'm almost due a new one.

Hey does your Dawn vice look like mine, or like the one Dawn has on their website?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
is that why there is a flywheel on the floor?
yes...? lying around waiting for next summer now to pull the gearbox out of the megane and see if an OEM flywheel will sort its running problem... Its just been parked for the last year! Both of us working from home we absolutely dont need two cars...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Nice new looking adjusty ladder... mine is so old an half f~cked, I'm almost due a new one.

Hey does your Dawn vice look like mine, or like the one Dawn has on their website?
A bunnings special ladder. I've been spending a lot of time and money there lately!!

Yep, vice is exact same as yours. I didn't notice the website one was different - ours don't have the little nameplate thingy riveted on.

slowmick

38-39"
@Haakon - I can recommend the Sunday morning after an election for a cheap way to source corflute. I got quite a stack after the federal election. Sure most it was yellow as no-one was coming back to pick up Clive's rubbish. The way the stadium plans are going i think you might have access to free corflute pretty soon.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Next trick will be working out how to fill in the bat cave… Thinking running angled supports from the top of the little wall up to the steel floor joist. Then filling in the sloped floor/wall with more shelves or something…

IMG_4475.jpeg

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
And just had a bloke around to quote on excavating down the other side of that wall so i can put an ag drain in, and turns he used to be a trail builder! Small world...

A tip top trail builder too, I've been quite enjoying some of his work!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Bike hanging area, carpet those 'I' beams and hang by the saddle. Eebs not welcome unless you want to put your back out, they stay in a couple of charging spaces I made down at floor level.

View attachment 399664
Bit far up the hill for hanging off the I beam, but not a bad thought for using it for parking in general. Was planning on hangers off the wall once I get the asbestos cladding taken away, but this might be better. And not needing to be built as robustly if not shelves.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sometimes I think I have a problem, and then I realise I have rookie numbers.
8 x MTB's and 1 BMX on the right, 4 x MTB's on the left (1 dropbar mtb). 3 x BMX and 2 x eebs not in the picture and 1 x roadie on my Zwift setup :oops:

Its an awesome storage area for bikes. The real estate agent says 'its just an unsealed area through that door' one look and I was like 'it's fcking heaven through that door', 12m x 9m of dry safe storage :cool:

Was a massive positive tick for me when we bought this place.