***Secret Ride/Build Day 29th November.***

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Placing spikes and impaling someone is a sure way to draw attention to the place from more than just the mtb community.

Sounds like a quick way to have the place shut down.

I can understand you not wanting people to turn up, but shit like that can be nothing but counter productive.

if any one of u blow ins turns up AWABA chains will come down ....
Why target awaba, this isn't anything organised by HMBA. Chains are down anyway, infact other than me saying I may head down (something I have been meaning to do for a long time), I don't think anyone else in this thread is even a HMBA member.

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
29 nov cant wait 4 the blow ins 2 get messed up ..lol....ha ha
So Frank you are obviously an rich developer that owns all that area.
Well of course everyone else will respect your privacy and your right to do as you like with your land.

Seriously, your post is bordering on threatening. I would guess that if you surf you are probably just as threatening to newcomers also on your waves. Really this type of attitude puts the sport in a bad light and if your actions were to injure someone on public land then how are you going to feel then?

Grow up, it's probably not your land either.
Loser

sammydog

So Frank you are obviously an rich developer that owns all that area.
Well of course everyone else will respect your privacy and your right to do as you like with your land.

Seriously, your post is bordering on threatening. I would guess that if you surf you are probably just as threatening to newcomers also on your waves. Really this type of attitude puts the sport in a bad light and if your actions were to injure someone on public land then how are you going to feel then?

Grow up, it's probably not your land either.
Loser
Interestingly enough, the land is zoned 10(a) - Sustainable mixed use development under the North Wallarah Peninsula Local Environmental Plan 2000, so these trails are essentially on borrowed time. Catherine Hill Bay has been approved for development (sator fucked that one up), and any approval on this land would be much less contentious (albeit wrong as the vegetation on the ridge should be retained at all costs), so its only a matter of time.

With attitudes like that I can't see them making themselves too welcome elsewhere after the bulldozers turn up.

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
Now Now, frank calm down, some of the boys coming out to swansea are some of the most respectable and hard working MTBers out there (ie. sammydog who we owe a shitload to for awaba and glenrock). Im sure the quarry will do fine, ive already talked to pharcyde about the hard work that you and the boys have put in and he as most guys are is happy to ride and contribute to the place. Having guys keen to come out and build is great many hands make light work and pissing people off only invites destruction. Most of the stuff out there has been built exceptionally well by the boys and has packed in well, pharcyde rides/takes photos at the quarry often and has said they will patch up anything that cops a belting. Which is better than most.

Just my thought anyways

Cheers Jacob

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pharcyde delete this thead ... the locals that do all the work here arnt happy with ya post .
Have already spoken to a builder (Jacob) and have been cleared all ok

I personally have been riding there for a few years and every single person I have spoken to up there NEVER had an issue with me shooting pictures and telling the world about it. My shots have featured in the Canadian based website NSMB.com MONEYSHOT Comp and Revolution Mag.

And now that I am planning on showing some very skilled and very capable riders your fine workmanship and trail building skills, by presenting on both images and video, you want to sabotage us and drive us away. This day presents you with a VERY real opportunity to showcase your skills. YOu never know who might know who in the MTB world and where it MIGHT get you. Trail biulding is an RELIGION and skilled riders are your followers, dont push them away with threats. This sport thrives on progression and evolution.

I really enjoy riding at Swansea Quarry and I really believe that if you came along and showed us what your plans are for the lines, we might just be able to help in some way or another. Diggers digging and riders riding are what beds in and makes an awesome line.

Imagine seeing a group of riders sessioning something YOU thought up and YOU created.

If all this has been to no evail, the fine. NO love lost and I will arrange to go an ride/shoot/showcase someone elses trails and leave you alone.

CHeers

Simon F

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
I personally have been riding there for a few years and every single person I have spoken to up there NEVER had an issue with me shooting pictures and telling the world about it.
Nor should they

And now that I am planning on showing some very skilled and very capable riders
But i already know where they are:p

I really enjoy riding at Swansea Quarry and I really believe that if you came along and showed us what your plans are for the lines, we might just be able to help in some way or another. Diggers digging and riders riding are what beds in and makes an awesome line.
BEST IDEA YET

O and since this is a illegal trail i think its best to leave names and recognition of who built what out of the public forum

sikboy

Squid
In Like Flynn

Ill bring all the building equipment i can. i have muchos wood and gear also multiple shovels and other such gear. ill bring it all in the beast for all to use. Look out the fitters are comin
:eek:

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
O and since this is a illegal trail i think its best to leave names and recognition of who built what out of the public forum
Not once in this whole thread have I mentioned builders names OR even for that matter any locations either, and I dont plan on.

Ive had plenty of PMs regarding the location but havent answered any of them.

Details will be arranged closer to the date, PENDING this ride day even happening at the Quarry. The last thing I want is for my BIG "Leave Pass" day to be fucked up by sabotage.

This shit never happens in the SHIRE !!!

TeeRule might be the better options WTSFLC.

sammydog

But Frank has told us the trails are on a person who he knows land, implying they are legal.......hmmmmm. Whats the story frank.

At the end of the day, its been made clear that we should "just keep cavesy tracks 2 the cavesy people". thats fine, I'm happy to steer clear, not from fear of repercussions from franks threats, but out of respect to the people who built the place. They don't want me there I won't go.

No loss to me.

I would be interested to know where else frank rides and if he has ever checked with the builders if they are cool with it, I suspect he hasn't. I also wonder if he really speaks for all the builders there?

Like I said, if its the builders wishes, I will steer clear.

fairy1

Banned
Can someone PM me when the next build day is on, sorry I missed this one I spent a week in lovely Kurri, awesome.

sammydog

The last thing I want is for my BIG "Leave Pass" day to be fucked up by sabotage.
You've really got to question what is going through the head of someone who sabotages their own trails though. All on the fear that someone non-local may turn