Secondhand Short travel freeride frames?

Lucaw

Next in line
Hi all
I am thinking about upgrading from my norco manik hardtail. I’m thinking about either getting another hardtail frame like a cotic bfe 26, or maybe getting a short travel frame that can take a 140-160 fork. I know the ns soda slope would fit this, but spares are hard to find. This is predominantly a just fantasy at the moment, but I like to dream.
Any thoughts?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Save your coins up. Buy either a canyon or polygon slope style bike. Live large and happy. Or get modern wheel sized solutions.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nope. I'd seriously consider it though. like a Morpheus Loki update or something. Currently rebuilding a old 4x 26 up for retro Sake. Last truly fun toy was the trid zz, shame the pike was meh.
I'd love a 120-150mm rear travel with 12x150 axle, 83mm threaded BB shell, 1.5 head tube, low stand over, internal dropper route, designed for about 120-140mm fork travel, with similar head tube to my scout but a slightly slacker seat tube.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I'd love a 120-150mm rear travel with 12x150 axle, 83mm threaded BB shell, 1.5 head tube, low stand over, internal dropper route, designed for about 120-140mm fork travel, with similar head tube to my scout but a slightly slacker seat tube.
Steel or titanium? Marino or Waltly?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have a Jamis Parker collecting dust.

Doooooo it! @binner will back me up on this @Lucaw .

Any reason you’d (potentially) want less front travel than rear travel @pink poodle?
No real design or performance advantage that I can think of. It probably just goes back to running 180mm forks on my freeride bikes so I could rip big x-ups at the quarry of doom when I was young and reckless. I may also have convinced myself i liked longer rear end for traction control in chunder but a shorter front end for poppy maneuverability in the days of shuttle life.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
didn't they have a habit of cracking though?
I have no first hand experience. When @binner finally logs on again he can tell you what they are like from an owner's perspective.

How tall are you and your brother? You art gigantic are you? If you want a short travel dueling banjo that you can punish hit @cokeonspecialtwodollars up. He has a mountain cycle battery that doesn't seem O be getting any rotations. He got it off one of my friends a long ways back. I had one at the same time as my friend and rode it happily until a gasser stole it to do mad skids. They aren't light, but they are a fun single pivot play bike.