SA Based Trail Job

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I'll just put this here

https://iworkfor.sa.gov.au/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=523240#brs_jbcontent

Senior Project Officer – Statewide Trails
$80,830 - $89,897 p.a

About the Role
The Senior Project Officer – Statewide Trails is responsible for coordinating the effective management of all recreational trails managed by the National Parks and Wildlife Service. This includes the assessment and auditing of trails against relevant standards and guidelines and developing and managing statewide trail maintenance and upgrade programs. The role will manage the delivery of various trail investment projects through all project stages.

The role will also contribute to the delivery of the Project and Asset Services Unit’s project delivery and asset management programs as required.

Key Role Outcomes
  • The trail network on DEW managed reserves is assessed and audited against the Australian Walking Trail Grading System, the DEW Trails Guidelines and DEW Cycling Standards and any other relevant policies and procedures through effective coordination and collaboration with regional staff and relevant volunteer groups.
  • Develop recommended annual trail maintenance plans for each region, in consultation with relevant regional DEW staff, that will form part of the annual asset management program
  • Future trail construction, upgrade and rationalisation projects are identified and prioritised through the development of a statewide trail investment strategy, and ensure any assigned trail projects are planned and delivered in accordance with public safety, procurement, contractor and risk management requirements.
  • Regional and DEW management and staff are provided with responsive and accurate advice and support regarding trails management, including timely advice on the status of any relevant projects and works and training regarding the management of recreational trails.
  • Coordinate and/or assist regions with coordinating relevant volunteer activities across the DEW trail network.
  • Opportunities for promotion of trails are identified and facilitated in collaboration with departmental and regional communications teams.
  • Contribute to the delivery of a range of other projects under the management of Project and Asset Services as required.

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Cool job.

Sounds like a lot of responsibility for that salary though. Is it overstated or one of a number of the same position i.e. is only person really responsible for all that statewide?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Up the ladder or somewhere else ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Project manager ?

Buying Over The Edge ?

ozzybmx

I'm certainly not buying a bike shop
Bottom pub is for sale too ;)

Hurry up and futureproof the town trails... we have been talking/investigating a holiday shack up there for a few years.

Melrose this weekend ?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Bottom pub is for sale too ;)

Hurry up and futureproof the town trails... we have been talking/investigating a holiday shack up there for a few years.

Melrose this weekend ?
I'd heard that the bottom pub had been snapped up?
Kain was there the other day but noted that they need some operating "suggestions" from visitors if they want to attract tourists (for example, expanding their beer selection past Great Northern, VB and West End).

Future Proofing private land trails is very very high on the list. There's a few models that are being looked into and engagement will happen soon.

This weekend... HA! I don't get to visit trails for pleasure any more!

ozzybmx

I'd heard that the bottom pub had been snapped up?
Kain was there the other day but noted that they need some operating "suggestions" from visitors if they want to attract tourists (for example, expanding their beer selection past Great Northern, VB and West End).

Future Proofing private land trails is very very high on the list. There's a few models that are being looked into and engagement will happen soon.

This weekend... HA! I don't get to visit trails for pleasure any more!
Operating suggestions is an understatement, they didn't even have any taps working on the 'not the FTF weekend' only stubbies of VB, West End, Gold and Somersby cider. Not even going to comment on the food...

The fact they have pints of anything is miracle on its own.

Good to hear about the future proofing, every time we make a move... I chicken out as the town would be back to Booleroo prices, for me, a massive loss as I only want it as a quick gateway to ride.

Get young Miss Acko riding quick smart, I hear there is a Junior Dirt Skills program here, then you have an excuse as it was for the kids... I'm only going because they are racing, I'm just a fat bike mechanic sucking stubbies of XXXX from the useless bottom pub all weekend :p