Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
We won't hear from him again but it is telling that he was able to speak the way he did on national TV. Bet what was going through the other presenters head was "Oh shit what is this idiot doing, we will all end up in f*#£ing Siberia!"
He's a well known commentator and he doesn't end up on a headline show like that, saying those kinds of things as a surprise. There's a reason he's on there saying those things and that he's not being shouted down by the other panelists or the host. What that reason is, is up for discussion. But things like that don't happen by chance in a land ruled by fear.

Information doing the rounds:
  • Putin has blood cancer and is dying (recording of phone call with key oligarch)
  • Putin is the one calling the shots down to the brigade level (implying that Nikolai III is humiliating the nation and killing its sons with his incompetance)
  • Gerasimov has been arrested for failures
  • Stealth conscription is occurring across Russia
  • Commanders are executing their own wounded

etc etc. Who knows how much, if any of it is true, but it's worth keeping in mind the Russian strategy of flooding the system with shit. Seems they're getting a taste of their own medicine and all it takes is one of these to bite properly and and tipping points can be reached.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
  • Putin has blood cancer and is dying (recording of phone call with key oligarch)
Of all the rumours, this makes the most sense to me. If you're an increasingly maniacal dictator with dreams of empire building and a hatred of enemies (USA / EU / NATO) you see as weak and incompetent, why not choose a path of subjugating an increasingly difficult neighbour and surrounding yourself with sycophants who'll only tell you what you want to hear? In his mind, it's undoubtedly better to go out as the leader who crushed Nazi Ukrainians, restored Russia back to near USSR status and exposed the West as paper tigers rather than peter out and die quietly.

Too bad his legacy will now be anything but that.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Have any of youse seen them live?

I saw them at Sunbury… and later on at a few pubs and every time they kicked arse.

Really tight and rocked the joint.
Absolutely. Real entertainers. Did they tour the USSR? Trying to get back on topic.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Absolutely. Real entertainers. Did they tour the USSR? Trying to get back on topic.
I bet they didn't invade Ukraine and call it a 'special military operation' and kill a fuckton of civilians after they assured the people of Russia that they weren't involved in such war crimes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I bet they didn't invade Ukraine and call it a 'special military operation' and kill a fuckton of civilians after they assured the people of Russia that they weren't involved in such war crimes.
Apparently killing their own troops now too. Things are going well for the reunion tour.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
This was an interesting breakdown of what is happening in Eastern Ukraine at the moment. Once again it's quite different to the story we are being told by the media here.

Edit: This video seems like a balanced view point and does not spin off into hyperbole. His use of historic battles and tactics is an interesting addition.