Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Has the potential to blow back into Russia, don't reckon that would be a palatable outcome.
on the face of it sure, but icould be used to escalate their aggression because it would be Ukraine's fault. Remember they're doing dumb shit all over. If theyre threatening using nuclear weapons, the fallout potential would be there too. So dunno that theyre too worried. .

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Du
So your saying we should allow people to lie and spread misinformation on Q&A. Fuck you're an idiot.
Dude, we've just told everyone to leave the personal and argumentative shit out of this thread.

If you don't follow that request you won't be able to post in here anymore.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
A good summation in my opinion of the history of the region
That's actually not bad for a 30,000 foot overview. I think they could have spoken about the 'little green men' in the 'breakaway regions' and how they are out of uniform Russian soldiers and that it was a Russian military system that shot down MH17. I Think they also overplayed how much people in Donbass feel Russian - there are enough videos of large crowds in this region right now confronting Russian soldiers telling them that it is not their country.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So your saying we should allow people to lie and spread misinformation on Q&A. Fuck you're an idiot.
Yes because that is also how you can expose miss information and get to the truth. Are you unable to hear an opinion you don’t agree with on a show that for the most part is people expressing opinions as questions?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Penultimate paragraph is kinda interesting... just pointless speculation but perhaps there was concern for his safety (or other audience members) if he wasn't removed.
As far as I am aware, politicians appear on Q & A on the proviso that any questions put to them are vetted and per-approved. I am not sure how far in advance the questions have to be pre-approved, but it is incredibly rare that I have ever seen a pollie on Q + A who isn't happily burbling along with their talking points intact and rock solid on message, rather than ever being put on the spot.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
on the face of it sure, but icould be used to escalate their aggression because it would be Ukraine's fault. Remember they're doing dumb shit all over. If theyre threatening using nuclear weapons, the fallout potential would be there too. So dunno that theyre too worried. .
5hrs later...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Here is a running tally of confirmed equipment losses:
That's interesting. If that's accurate, the Ukrainians haven't committed many of their premier T-84 tanks. I bet they are planning an mechanised encirclement of the main population centres where the fighting is just before the spring rains turn the fields to a sea of mud. It will be like Stalingrad but worse.

If that reactor goes then Putin is done. China and India will have to denounce him and Russia will be completely alone and encircled by enemies on all sides. The FSB and Oligarchs would boot him.

Note the Russians have mostly lost older T-72 and T-80 tanks which probably means that the Spetnaz mechanised infantry and guards units with their newer T-90 tanks are still in Russia. If things turn at home these will be the units that evict Putin.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Oddjob

If it was the US/NATO then sure, they would reduce that convey to a smoking ruin. I don't think that is the Ukrainian play.

The Ukrainians and Russians are ethnically and culturally very close so I don't think they want to massacre each other. You can see this in the Russian conscripts self sabotaging their own vehicles and the Ukrainians not sending a bazillion missiles to destroy that convey, which they could. Note: Ukraine has cruise missiles and 1000s of ex-soviet multiple rocket launcher systems with cluster munitiins as well as Scuds and God knows what else from the Soviet days.

My guess is that the Ukrainians are playing for time until the spring rains come and make forward progress impossible for the Russians. Best case Russia withdraw due to lack of fuel and supplies. Worst case we get a re run of Stalingrad with the Russians getting encircled and no possibility of relief due to the mud and guerilla tactics.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
If it was the US/NATO then sure, they would reduce that convey to a smoking ruin. I don't think that is the Ukrainian play.

The Ukrainians and Russians are ethnically and culturally very close so I don't think they want to massacre each other. You can see this in the Russian conscripts self sabotaging their own vehicles and the Ukrainians not sending a bazillion missiles to destroy that convey, which they could. Note: Ukraine has cruise missiles and 1000s of ex-soviet multiple rocket launcher systems with cluster munitiins as well as Scuds and God knows what else from the Soviet days.

My guess is that the Ukrainians are playing for time until the spring rains come and make forward progress impossible for the Russians. Best case Russia withdraw due to lack of fuel and supplies. Worst case we get a re run of Stalingrad with the Russians getting encircled and no possibility of relief due to the mud and guerilla tactics.

You think worst case is still a Russian loss? Or just in regards to the convoy sitting there?

Oddjob

You think worst case is still a Russian loss? Or just in regards to the convoy sitting there?
Worst case, the world will be in a nuclear winter within 3 months.

More likely is another quagmire for Russia like Afghanistan and Chechnya. I don't think a quick win was ever possible, and I'm struggling to see how Russia is in a better position after this.

The silver lining will be that the scales will have been lifted from China's eyes on invading Taiwan. The Taiwan straight will be 1000x more perilous than the highway to Kyiev with mines, torpedoes, missiles and artillery galore. In the mean time their economy will take a kick in the nuts far worse than what's happening in Russia right now. What happens to the world's factory and their workers when they have no one to sell to? They will also be holding trillions of US Treasuries and Eurobonds that will be frozen and not honoured, essentially becoming worthless.

Rich advanced democracies are scary things.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Just a postscript to the above, the US would have an attack submarine tailing every Russian sub everywhere. The US would also have Jstars targeting data on every ballistic missile silo, and every missile depot across Russia. The US has a complete first strike nuclear advantage. The Russian military also know this, this is why they are trying to develop so called doomsday weapons, but even these are unlikely to be successful with the advent of drones in sea, air and supposedly already in space.

So if it really came down to Putin issuing the nuclear launch codes, I'm pretty sure he would get the bullet from the FSB. There would be no outcome where Russia wasn't turned into a giant parking lot by the US.