Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Just incase anyone was having a good day

Made a firm decision not to watch that.

The one of the guy crying his eyes out as he says goodbye to his little girl was too close to the bone for me.

I have a friend who's family fled former Yugo, he says staying to fight for any country is stupid. His uncles all stayed to fight and they're all dead. His family fled to Germany and then ended up with a good life in Australia, His question to me, when I sounded shocked that he wouldn't stand and fight for Australia was, "What's more important to you, your country or your family? Would you be willing to die in battle and leave your little girl to grow up without you?"

I still haven't been able to answer that question - the best I've been able to come up with is that it depends on the threat and how old my little girl is.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Was interesting reading the pro Russian take as defending NATO's encroachment. Disinformation feels like it's at a record high.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
When did Putin respond with that?
Seen a few snippets of things from Russian point of view over the months. I trust Russia a little more than the USA.
Sorry, I thought I should edit this because I called someone a fucking idiot and that's not playing nice.

jrewing

Eats Squid
You serious?
I think military spending tells the story of the US’s needs. Plenty more hungry Corporations, that benefit from instability, in the US.
By no means am I saying Russia are saints, but history has shown the US to have very dirty hands.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
You must be new to the thread.
Yeah I think we sorted this out on about page 5.

TLDR: while the West is by no means innocent and our use of international institutions for our own benefit is unquestionable and has helped the rise of some of these Authoritarian regimes, they are in a whole other league.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I think military spending tells the story of the US’s needs. Plenty more hungry Corporations, that benefit from instability, in the US.
By no means am I saying Russia are saints, but history has shown the US to have very dirty hands.
Why do you think Russia is any different? They also have large defence industries owned by private corporations and rich people too.

US has dirty hands for sure, but I’ll provide some links later regards the dirt Russia has and you can compare.

smaj

Likes Dirt

Inflation is already running at 8.7% and their central bank has bumped interest rates up to 9.5%. Supply shortages will probably start to affect them soon, and I wonder how long it'll be before inflation really starts to climb. Sounds bad for the average person on the street.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

Inflation is already running at 8.7% and their central bank has bumped interest rates up to 9.5%. Supply shortages will probably start to affect them soon, and I wonder how long it'll be before inflation really starts to climb. Sounds bad for the average person on the street.
bit behind. try 20%.